Connect rope to ski pylon?

lostpacket

Reaction score
Anything special or just come from the back and loop it over that hook? Seems like it could easily come disconnected.

I personally don't do anything special, just put the loop around the indentation at the top of the pylon. Works like a charm...

I double mine , just twist the loop one time and it doubles the rope around pylon and it seems to stay on the pylon better. I think i said that correct

I double mine , just twist the loop one time and it doubles the rope around pylon and it seems to stay on the pylon better. I think i said that correct
Yup, that works too...

I do exactly as KC24 stated. It's a little tight getting that second loop on but it works very well.

Same... same. Here's an example.

View media item 7948

Last edited:
I used mine one time worked great except when I got up to 5000 rpms, started making a vibration loud high pitch noise. Anyone experience that? I am going to confirm I had it turn all the way on.

Hmm, I've used my quite a few times with no such vibration. I'd double check that it's properly seated.

I'll give that a try this weekend. ;)

Wow, I never gave it that much thought. I put the ski line loop over the ski pylon and away we go. We literally have hundreds of hours waterskiing (pulling multiple skiers), wake boarding, tubing and never had an issue with the line coming off the pylon. Hope I didn't jinx myself.

I have this one:

19009e368975acd93eae306da5acd3b1_5.png
I have this style too. Come underneath heading towards the bow, then up on the boat side of the tow bar, and hook it. I often wrap it around the bar a couple times before hooking it, but not necessary.

For a pylon, this is the proper way. Works great.
Note the hand goes through the loop in the rope, pulling the rope through the loop a bit to make the new tie loop which then cinches tight onto the pylon.

thanx - over a year old post - but I found my answer:)

Back