Console Storage Door Fitment

Scooter Trash

Reaction score
I just bought my first Bennington. It is a 2018 22SSRX. I chose Bennington because of their reputation for quality. Love the boat but I am really disappointed in the fit and finish of the storage access door in the console. The contour of the door does not match the console. There are gaps at the top and bottom on the latch side. The keyed latch is useless. Has anybody else experienced this with their boat.

Notify your dealer. That is always the first step. Sometimes the doors can be adjusted to fit/look much better.

I had the same issue. The dealer replaced the original door it’s better now but not perfect. No issue with the latch working properly. Btw welcome to the forum!

Ours is warped so the door doesn't fit flush. One corner is sticking out about 1/2" which makes it rattle like crazy when idling the engine. I plan to figure out some kind of soft rubber bumpers so it pulls in tighter. Latch works good.

I just purchased a 2018 22SSRX 45 days ago. I assume you're referring to the helm storage door when you say console. If so, I agree. The quality of that door is not good. I don't necessarily have any gaps in the door, but the inside latch mechanism is just a piece of metal with a rubber tip on it. The metal just wedges against the inside of the fiberglass helm and keeps the door from opening. From time to time on mine it vibrates loose when we're going over waves and the helm door flies open. The rubber tip has come off and my wife almost threw it away but I put it in my pocket until I could figure out where it came from. So, totally agree, it's not the greatest. All in all, I love the boat, but just a few things lacking in fit and finish.

Never had the door open on it's own and ours fits perfect. It is 12 years old also. Call your dealer.

Never had a problem with a rattle, the door does not close completely tight but latch is a bit tight when turning so it doesn't rattle open. The only problem I had was the black rubber things on the dash have some fiberglass dust on the sticky side and the corners are peeling up a bit.

Back