Converting a seat to a live well

Charles Hardee

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I have search the best I can and find nothing.

I have a 2013 Benni 20' SLX. I would like to convert at least one of the seats into a live well. Has anyone done this themselves? For what the dealer wants, I can do it a whole lot cheaper.
If you have done it, where did you get your liner? From a marine dealer, that is to say, from Bennington? (I believe I read that they do not sell direct to the consumer).
The pumps and fittings I have already found at my local sporting goods supply so I can get all of that part of the upgrade, I just need to know whether a marine dealer is the only source for the seat liner to make the cavity under the seat water tight.
Thanks,
Charles

Original Bennington parts would have to come from a Bennington dealer .

Original Bennington parts would have to come from a Bennington dealer .
So you're saying that no one makes an after-market liner for the seats on the pontoon?
I'm less concerned about using original parts, since I don't have a live well now.
That's why I want to convert at least one of the seats into one.
Thanks for the quick response!
Charles

An industrious and amusing character over on pontoonforums.com has been rehabbing an old pontoon and one of his first projects was to convert a seat to a live well. It looks like his was already a roto-molded (water tight) base so this won't help you find a liner for your project. But he goes into quite a bit of detail about how to plumb it. Look near the bottom of page 1 of this lengthy thread.

http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25242

Have you considered a live bait cooler? I have a '15 20SLX. No livewell. Love my Engel.

https://www.engelcoolers.com/

My 2 cents. Good luck. If you do-it-yourself......we are all going to want to see pics!

BTW....ditto on the "pontoonforums"!

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I have search the best I can and find nothing.

I have a 2013 Benni 20' SLX. I would like to convert at least one of the seats into a live well. Has anyone done this themselves? For what the dealer wants, I can do it a whole lot cheaper.
If you have done it, where did you get your liner? From a marine dealer, that is to say, from Bennington? (I believe I read that they do not sell direct to the consumer).
The pumps and fittings I have already found at my local sporting goods supply so I can get all of that part of the upgrade, I just need to know whether a marine dealer is the only source for the seat liner to make the cavity under the seat water tight.
Thanks,
Charles
Hey Charles, Did you ever complete this project? I am actually looking to do the opposite I bought the my boat thinking I would use more for fishing but found my family uses for cruising and hanging out. I was thinking about changing the live well out for seats. Do you still have the seats? Anyone know if you can buy seats to match the current ones in the pontoon directly from Bennington?

Back