Cooler and trash can?

newboater

Reaction score
I purchased a 2012 2275GCW at the end of last season and just got around to watching the video it came with. The guy in the video says the boat comes with a cooler and a trash can. The cooler he shows is a larger hard case cooler that slides under the helm. The one I got is a small soft case one. Also, it shows him open the seat back and pulls out a trash can that he says the boat comes with. We did not get that. Does anyone know if this is just a old video or was I supposed to get them?

Our boat came with a soft side cooler and no trash can either. It's a 2011. I don't know if I got a video..

Our 2275 rcw has the trash can port side of the forward facing lounger. Lift the seat back up and it's located in there.

We had a soft cooler as well. No hard one

Todd

Our boat came with a soft cooler that slid under the console but no trash can. We picked one up at Wally World and place it behind the forward facing lounger/bench sit.

My boat came with a black soft side cooler and a trash can which fits under the seat back of the port side lounger. Suggest you tell your dealer they were missing. :)

We just bought a 2012 2275 gcw; yes to soft sided cooler, no to trash can.... but we bought a small one at Lowes that works perfectly under the port or starboard seat backs.

Steve

2010 2250. GCW Yes softcooler, no trash can. Dealer said on my year did not include the trash can. *We use flip up space for the tubing vests anyway :)

When I bought my funishings, my port lounge seat was supposed to have a trash can as well. but did not. My dealer suggested that it would be easier to get one locally. I picked up a small rectangular rubbermaid can. It works great. I really like that it's "invisible" until you need it.

I did not get the Bennington console with a cooler. I built my own console with enough room under it to store a hard cooler.

Dan

wow my 2015 2550gsrb should be ready Monday should I look for cooler and trashcan?

Yeah. At Walmart. They won't come with your boat.

No trash can or cooler. My boat has the built in "cooler" under one of the bow seats. I always have garbage bags on the boat. I have a 70 qt hard cooler that stays in front of the helm and my soft sided cooler fits right in. Best of both worlds.

Cheers, Steve

I use Kitty Litter can for rubbish and fenders. They fit under the back rests great. No rust, clean and will hold 2 fenders or for those that don't talk marine BUMPERS

I've never felt the need for a trash can.  If you have space, where it won't move or fall over, and you don't need that space for other stuff, it may work for you.  We just recycle grocery bags for the amount of trash we make (which isn't much). 

We have had 13 people on our boat before, and we keep somewhere close to 20 life vests on board (different sizes), so there is very little extra storage space on our boat. 

If I had a trash can, it would probably have something other than trash stored in it!

We did get a soft-sided cooler with the boat.  Would have been cool if it said Bennington on it.  Never used it.  I like coolers with wheels!

Last edited by a moderator:
have my boat one week now and love it. should have ordered the floor space thingy (next time) surprised there are no shelves in the mid bar cabinets. Thought I would have tons of storage with all these sofas but most have stuff in them, water tank, sub woofer, washdown hose etc etc. Still love my boat and will improvise to accommodate my needs.

I must say the cooler under the seat cushion is really air tight . Ice stayed for over 5 hours and when we docked was still plenty of unmelted ice still there. what a plus that is

The cooler that came with ours was S*** . The seams leaked almost immediately . Get an AO. unless you want  a Yeti .

so far onboard ice cooler is working fine. biggest little headache so far was FENDERS. tried the square plastic taylor fender clips that slide over the rail but found you still need a cleat to tie them too. finally came up with the idea of knotting the fender line to the right length and just keep them attached to the fender lines. the fender lengths are always the same so it became an easy fix. command clear hooks worked perfectly to hang publix plastic bags from for the occassional trash . Fun learning all these challanges and their fixes. ordered a nice SS flagpole from taylor will have dealer insatall when boat goes in for 20 hr checkup.The italian windlass will also be insalled on that 20 hour maintainance visit. C an't believe I clocked over 100 miles in 3 weeks.

I just bought these ,however the original is temporarily out of stock .

index~~element40.jpg

New Style is in stock 

index~~element237.jpg

http://www.ezfender.com/

I have parachute chord tied in small loops around my rails in certain spots. I picked a color that matches the seats. Because it is thin, and the same color as my seats, you can hardly see them. Each fender has about 2 feet of dock line tied to it with a spring clip on the end. Then I just clip them to the parachute chord loops as needed. I can put all 6 fenders on in about 30 seconds. Normally time is not an issue, but I occasionally forget coming into the dock and it can become a last second job, and in those cases I'm glad it is quick. Also, this is a very cheap alternative compared to things you can buy, and I've yet to see something I think would work better/quicker, if you can get past having small loops of chord tied to your rails in spots. The loops can also slide along the rail if you want to fine tune the fender position. I finder fender height to always be the same for all my fenders, so it is nice having that pre locked in and not have to get each one exactly right every time I put them on. Also, the chord doesn't interfere with the mooring cover.

I actually tie them on using a double loop. I clip the fender to just one of the two loops, and the weight of the fender tightens the second loop around the rail which keeps it from moving.

so far onboard ice cooler is working fine. biggest little headache so far was FENDERS. tried the square plastic taylor fender clips that slide over the rail but found you still need a cleat to tie them too. finally came up with the idea of knotting the fender line to the right length and just keep them attached to the fender lines. the fender lengths are always the same so it became an easy fix. command clear hooks worked perfectly to hang publix plastic bags from for the occassional trash . Fun learning all these challanges and their fixes. ordered a nice SS flagpole from taylor will have dealer insatall when boat goes in for 20 hr checkup.The italian windlass will also be insalled on that 20 hour maintainance visit. C an't believe I clocked over 100 miles in 3 weeks.
Hadn't thought of the command hooks for trash on the boat, even tho I use one in my car for trash bag. . We also have little trash. Would work well. I use the plastic Taylor clips also with knotted off ropes also. Some on here haven't liked them but they have always worked well for us.

Back