Cost for new hydraulic lift w/canopy?

mikeb33

Reaction score
My new 22SSRX is in at the dealer! My old boat just sat in the water tide to the dock and poles. I thought this would be good enough, but now I don't know. A brand new boat should be protected and up out of the water and elements.

I called my dealer and they told me about a Shorestation 5,000 lb hydraulic with remote and solar panel. Also a 30 ft canopy for $14,300. I almost choked. I have no reference point, but I didn't expect over $10K.
In this thread a few guys talk about spending $10K on all that: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...-hoist-for-my-tri-toon-24-ft-bennington.9793/

How much is a fair price?

Here is a picture of where it will go, my trade in is the double bimini on the right.

Attachments

• 20170527_110240 (Large).jpg
    20170527_110240 (Large).jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 59
My new 22SSRX is in at the dealer! My old boat just sat in the water tide to the dock and poles. I thought this would be good enough, but now I don't know. A brand new boat should be protected and up out of the water and elements.

I called my dealer and they told me about a Shorestation 5,000 lb hydraulic with remote and solar panel. Also a 30 ft canopy for $14,300. I almost choked. I have no reference point, but I didn't expect over $10K.
In this thread a few guys talk about spending $10K on all that: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...-hoist-for-my-tri-toon-24-ft-bennington.9793/

How much is a fair price?

Here is a picture of where it will go, my trade in is the double bimini on the right.

I think mine was 10-11.5k. I cannot remember the cost precisely, but what you want is pretty much totally what I got...right down to a 30ft canopy over the top of it.

Mine is a Craftlander. It was what is sold by our dealer. It was also recommended by Lakeliving on this site a few years ago, so we went for it. I can say for sure it was under $14,300.

Mine was a Shorestation. 4000#, 26’ canopy. Went back and looked. Was just over 11K including taxes and installation.

Just purchased a 5,000 lb. hydraulic lift with a 26 foot canopy for $12,475 in Wisconsin. It also came with a Solar charging system.

Last edited:
1st Post! I just bought a 2013 2250GBR. The slip I rented requires a lift. I bought a ShoreStation 4000# hydraulic 26ft canopy solar power installed for $11,500+tax. I thought that was a crazy amount, but the marina salesperson acted like it was a steal.

Last edited:
Our Shorestation 6000# with 30' custom Sunbrella canopy was ~$14k installed. Worth every penny to us.

I have exactly the lift you described with toon rails for my 25 GSB. First quote was 14.2k. Went to the other installer on the lake and was 12k all in. Sold. I figured all would be about the same price but margins are pretty good on shore stations apparently and the second guy wanted the business.

I spoke to a different guy, same marina and he said $13,500 for 5,000 lb and 26 ft canopy. How much will my 22SSRX W/SPS, extended rear deck and Evinrude 135HO weigh? How low a canopy would I need? I want to be able to lower the bimini top, and raise the boat into the canopy for rain and sun protection.

I spoke to a different guy, same marina and he said $13,500 for 5,000 lb and 26 ft canopy. How much will my 22SSRX W/SPS, extended rear deck and Evinrude 135HO weigh? How low a canopy would I need? I want to be able to lower the bimini top, and raise the boat into the canopy for rain and sun protection.

A 5,000 lb lift with a 26’ canopy will do the trick. That is enough to handle the boat + gear + people hanging out on it without a problem. 26’ should cover your extended aft deck and motor too on a 22SSRX.

Now does this lift come with a solar panel, battery, and remote control for lifting and lowering the boat? If so, the price is still up there a little bit, but it sounds like the right set up for your boat. IF solar panel, battery, and remote are not part of that quote, then I’d say it is not a reasonable price.

Our set up is a 5,000+ lb lift capacity with a 30’ canopy (with solar panel + battery + remote control) for around $10-12k back in 2017. We have a slightly longer boat so I went bigger on the canopy, but could have easily gotten away with it being a couple of feet shorter.

I spoke with another guy who was quoting a 24v winch type, rather than hydraulic and was a few grand cheaper. This is still with solar and remote. Any reason that would not be as good as hydraulic?

I spoke with another guy who was quoting a 24v winch type, rather than hydraulic and was a few grand cheaper. This is still with solar and remote. Any reason that would not be as good as hydraulic?

Ours is a heavy duty wench/pulley system combined with solar and battery for remote control use. It works great, and have seen no issues after 3 seasons.

I have hydrolic. I think the only advantage is the speed. A good hoist with wench or hydrolic will last. Hydrolic going up or down in a couple seconds also adds to the cool factor. I know winches need chains replaced, but that is after a lot of years. Those with hydrolic that I know that have had them longer than me have not had problems (my first one I bought in 2013) but not nearly as long as the long time owners of winch types, so who knows the longevity of hydrolic before needing major work. Also, a nice thing about winch type, is that if you lose power or major issue, you can usually still get your boat out a secondary way. Hydrolic you are stuck until up and running again. Even with that I have two hydrolics and would get another one. So far so good.

Back