Cover Help - 24 SLi

Shawn

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just picked up our new 2011 24SLi. After getting it loaded up for the weekend I tried to put the cover on. It doesn't seem tight enough once it's installed. I have 4 poles, however, there are only three vents that hold the poles. Not sure where the fourth pole goes or how high each of them should be. I haven't adjusted them from the way it came - however, I think it's necessary. Does anyone have any guidance on how the poles should be adjusted (are they all the same height, etc.)? Thanks.

Shawn

Hi All,

Just picked up our new 2011 24SLi. After getting it loaded up for the weekend I tried to put the cover on. It doesn't seem tight enough once it's installed. I have 4 poles, however, there are only three vents that hold the poles. Not sure where the fourth pole goes or how high each of them should be. I haven't adjusted them from the way it came - however, I think it's necessary. Does anyone have any guidance on how the poles should be adjusted (are they all the same height, etc.)? Thanks.

Shawn
Shawn, I have the 20SLi with only 3 poles. Just adjust the poles to where they are snug. Not super tight, just snug enough. The center pole will be the tallest. Make sure the poles are straight up and down. After you put it on a couple of times you should be good to go. Also once you have the poles hight fixed just leave them alone. Maybe you lucked out and got an extra pole. Jeff

My 2010 24SLi has 4 poles and the cover also has 4 vents. Sounds like your missing a vent. My poles are 4 different lenths. I just remember which ones go where. Like Looneymoose said: Not to tight, just snug enough. If it is to loose water will pool in the back corner where the seat curves.

I Have 4 poles and 4 vents on my 2275. You probably need to speak with your dealer it sounds like you are missing a vent.

My 2010 24SLi has 4 poles and the cover also has 4 vents. Sounds like your missing a vent. My poles are 4 different lenths. I just remember which ones go where. Like Looneymoose said: Not to tight, just snug enough. If it is to loose water will pool in the back corner where the seat curves.
I will check with the dealer. Are all 4 poles in the centerline of the boat? My three poles are in the centerline - the only place it seems like a fourth pole could added would be in front of the rear gate, however, no vent there.

The boat is now in the water - so if I am supposed to have 4 vents the dealer may need to order a replacement as I'm not interested in leaving the boat uncovered at the dock (it's 2 hours away).

I wonder if it's possible that the design changed - my cover seems snug. It's supposed to rain today, I will check on it after it rains and see if I have water pooling anywhere.

Shawn

To assist me in putting the poles back in the proper place, I numbered them with a permanent marker from one to four. Now, if I could just remember if pole one goes in the bow or stern.

Back