Critter damage

swiftm

Reaction score
I opened my Bimini for the first time last Monday. It was full of acorn shells and two 3 inch holes were chewed in the top - one near each side at the curve, but not in the cover itself. Chipmunks I guess. It is at the canvas shop now getting patched. I put dryer sheets, mothballs and damp rid in/on it when the pontoon is shrink wrapped for the winter. I haven't had that problem before and guess I'll be taking it off in future years. Any ideas of something else I can do to keep critters out? Pictures in my gallery. I can't seem to get my pictures small enough to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess ,I better open mine . It has only been opened once and , that was to see how it worked .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. Sorry to hear about that.

I opened my Bimini for the first time last Monday. It was full of acorn shells and two 3 inch holes were chewed in the top - one near each side at the curve, but not in the cover itself. Chipmunks I guess. It is at the canvas shop now getting patched. I put dryer sheets, mothballs and damp rid in/on it when the pontoon is shrink wrapped for the winter. I haven't had that problem before and guess I'll be taking it off in future years. Any ideas of something else I can do to keep critters out? Pictures in my gallery. I can't seem to get my pictures small enough to post here.
Once they are in your gallery, just click on the "my media" button at the top of this dialog box and choose "gallery images" click on each you want to add, then "finished" on bottom

And I bet you had grape nuts for breakfast didn't you?????

Tell us what you really think about them!

ALVIN!!!!!

This past fall I decided to take my bimini top and cover off and store in my house. It only took about ten minutes to put back on this spring. I am not taking any chances.

The canvas shop got my holes repaired quicker than they said they would get to it. Picked it up last Thursday. 2 - 6 inch patches, $35. Wanted it on for company for the 4th so I still need to finish cleaning it. Pleased with the result. Picture in gallery. Still don't have computer to try posting picture here. Don't see the suggested links for doing so on my iPad.

Back