Cup Holders

kcman

Reaction score
I searched the forum to see if this topic was covered and found some posts on cup holders but did not answer my question exactly so here goes.  Our 22SLX has one major shortcoming and that is the number of cup holders (two in the helm and when the table is up, two more but that is it).  Total of 4.  That is enough when it is just my wife and I or another couple but when we go out with more people, we find this as a major shortfall.  There are also no cup holders in the two front loungers.  I looked on-line and found two different brand cup holders (Wise and Toonmate).  See URLs:

Wise with stainless steel:

http://www.amazon.com/Wise-Stainless-Pontoon-Holder-Platinum/dp/B00FBUCPPW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423235589&sr=8-2&keywords=pontoon+cup+holders

Toonmate:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Toonmate-Portable-Dual-Cup-Holder-For-Boat-Pontoon-Seats&i=708201

Question for those who have cup holders:

* Do they stay put when on the seat or are they constantly moving around?

* Do you know which brand Bennington sells with their boats?

Any other recommendations on portable cup holders?

I am still debating on getting additional cup holders as I do not want them if they do not stay put and thus I find they are doing nothing but being stored under one of the seats.  Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Either of those look like the exact same thing as Bennington offers . We ordered them when we had our SLX .They do stay put when the plastic on the back is placed between the seat back  & bottom. 

Have 2 but never use them as our R has many to begin with, BUT, if I were you, I'd get at least one to try. Better to have too many, than not enough.

I almost lost our stern lounger portable cup holder. It doesn't have the plactic fin that goes in the crease like the front portable ones. Luckily after it slid off the lounger and through the fence it landed on the rear deck. Quick throttle work in addition to moving like the flash allowed me to grab it before loosing it in the lake. It is nice having portable cup holders so I'd pull the trigger and get some.

This is another reason why potential buyers need to look carefully at the content of all the boat series. My R-series has abundant cupholders.

It's the little details that aren't found on S-series boats for a reason. That reason is price. Don't get me wrong, the S-series boats are great boats. I'm just saying, shop carefully!

I disagree. It's a layout issue, not a series issue. My S has 9 not including the additional 6 from my portable ones. Doesn't seem skimpy to me. Looking at the floor plan view or a 2375 RL there is only 8 from what I can see excluding portable ones, so add 4. Seems like my S wins that battle!  

14 on mine . 10 fixed position ( the unseen ones are in the fold down arm rests ) 4 portable 

Bennington-Pontoon-Boat-2014-2375-RCWA.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My we are a competitive bunch today!!! ;)

I'm still in the lead with 15!!

My we are a competitive bunch today!!! ;)
Sometimes I feel like us S guys are the red headed step children of the group. Just making a stand is all!!

I feel G series helms get a -1 on the cup holder count due to the ridiculous location of the one under the throttle. I have 5 around my rear loungers but only two removeable ones for the front half of the boat. Seems like they're just always in the way.

I guess I have 10 total though. 4 removeable, 6 fixed. Not counting any in the table because we never have it on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy did you order extra portables or keep the ones from your 22 ?
My original ones with the 22 went with that boat and we re-added them to the 24 order. I tried to post a layout image but couldn't get it like yours Jack. Out of the 15, two are in the helm, 5 are situated near the rear lounger, two are in the table, and 6 are portable(two regular portable holding 2 each, then with the single rear lounger there is a portable one for that area too that holds two more).

I started to keep the ones  off my trade ,until I realized ,I never used them unless we had company .

There is only one that ,matters anyway  :p

I disagree. It's a layout issue, not a series issue. My S has 9 not including the additional 6 from my portable ones. Doesn't seem skimpy to me. Looking at the floor plan view or a 2375 RL there is only 8 from what I can see excluding portable ones, so add 4. Seems like my S wins that battle!  

You missed the 2 in the fold down arms ......  :)

I have 14 with the removable ..... and use most as we move around, but never use the portables. Probably would if we had like 8 people on board and needed more up front. We have used the table more than the portable cup holders.

Thanks and I think I will go with purchasing one portable cupholder and see if we use it or like it.  If so, we can purchase another.  In my original post I identified the lack of cup holders as a "major shortfall".  In retrospect, I should have said "shortcoming" as it is really not that big a deal.  We purchased our Bennington (SLX) because we liked the quality of the boat and it fit into our budget for what we would use the boat for.  I wanted to stay within a budget and eventhough the G or R series boats are certainly very nice, they did not fit into what we wanted to spend nor do they fit into our use for the boat so the lack of cup holders is no real big deal and can certainly be fixed by spending another $100 or so.

For all those who do have and use the portable cup holders -- do you find they are stable when in place or do they move around and do you have the Wise or Toonmate brand?

Thanks Again

The regular portable ones stay in place quite well. I have tested them to 40+ mph. The only one I have that moves is specially made for the wide single lounger with my floor plan so that is not an issue for you.

Back