Curved Frame work option for the Top

Dtaylor2954

Reaction score
Getting a new boat soon was wondering if anyone, has any thoughts about the curved frame work option for the top over the old standard straight frame looks to be about a $325.00 option. Like the look, but was wondering, if there has been any problems with the canvas fitting right.

Getting a new boat soon was wondering if anyone, has any thoughts about the curved frame work option for the top over the old standard straight frame looks to be about a $325.00 option. Like the look, but was wondering, if there has been any problems with the canvas fitting right.

Are you talking about this style?

I think he means a regular bimini with the curved frame.

I do believe it is a foot or so shorter than the regular Bimini. My wife wanted the extra coverage

Thanks for the response it is the regular bimini with the curved frame.  The dealer tells me it is the same as the standard one, I guess to be sure I need to call the factory and ask

After talking with the factory today they confirmed that the top is 7 inches shorter on the curved frame.

Are you married? Your wife will not be happy with that!

We have never used our bimini and most likely never will .We will open it  in the spring to make sure there are no winter critters in it .

We use ours all the time and will be for the foreseeable future with the little guy.

We have the curved bimini and like the look. We don't mind giving up just a little coverage. Canvas fits great but you do have to unsnap two of the four straps before folding it. Really no big deal but if you forget you might tear the seams at the straps. I don't think you have to unsnap any straps on the standard bimini but someone else can confirm that. Again, we're still happy with our choice as we think it looks more modern.

If the curved top is shorter, is it shorter on the back, front, equal, or hard to tell?? 

We have the curved bimini and like the look. We don't mind giving up just a little coverage. Canvas fits great but you do have to unsnap two of the four straps before folding it. Really no big deal but if you forget you might tear the seams at the straps. I don't think you have to unsnap any straps on the standard bimini but someone else can confirm that. Again, we're still happy with our choice as we think it looks more modern.
We have the regular Bimini top. No straps to unsnap before folding it up.

Are you referring to maybe this style?  There's not much shortage of shade.  As far as the canvas not fitting properly, mine has too much sag in the middle of the front bimini.  I've already talked to the dealer about and they are going to look at it when it goes in for service in March.  He said even if they have to take a little material to make it fit tighter they will do that no problem.  It's fine when just cruising around but it flaps too much at speeds above around 30.  The warning label says it's fine to 46 mph.  The rear bimini is very rigid and doesn't move or make a sound.

gallery_6945_871_406816.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back