Custom bennington logo

lakebum

Reaction score
Team Bennington, I was thinking about having "BENNINGTON" cut out of 1/4" aluminum plate on my brother's water-jet. Is this ok? No copy right stuff, etc. This would replace the vinyl letters on the side panels. Thanks, Steve

Two warnings...

a) I am not a lawyer, although I play one on TV.

B) I do NOT speak for Bennington.

Having said that, you're basically asking if you can hang a home-made Bennington sign on... wait for it... a Bennington. ;)

Seems to me your REAL problem is going to be having it come out really nice and suddenly being inundated with requests to buy one from you. Which is a problem mainly because The Powers That Be would prefer not to have any commerce on this site. Oh and, if you sold them for profit (or even at a loss) you WOULD have a copyright problem, or more accurately a licensing one.

T.B. can always come in here and contradict everything I said, and be right to do it, but I suspect that nobody at Bennington is going to care about you having your brother turn out some custom bright-work for YOUR boat.

Two warnings...

a) I am not a lawyer, although I play one on TV.

B) I do NOT speak for Bennington.

Having said that, you're basically asking if you can hang a home-made Bennington sign on... wait for it... a Bennington. ;)

Seems to me your REAL problem is going to be having it come out really nice and suddenly being inundated with requests to buy one from you. Which is a problem mainly because The Powers That Be would prefer not to have any commerce on this site. Oh and, if you sold them for profit (or even at a loss) you WOULD have a copyright problem, or more accurately a licensing one.

T.B. can always come in here and contradict everything I said, and be right to do it, but I suspect that nobody at Bennington is going to care about you having your brother turn out some custom bright-work for YOUR boat.
^^^ This ^^^

Oh crud... Now I want to buy one. :lol:

Forget worrying about legal stuff,,, put a patten on it and get a cut back from Bennie ,,, nice ideas,,, I'm sure they would be glad you spread their logo on the boat

Back