custom cover question

tlcaud

Reaction score
Getting my new GCW25 at the end of march. Having a trailerable cover made. Will the clips used on the mooring cover be strong enough to use on the new cover instead of snaps. To me the snaps would be stronger. The clips would have a cleaner look. Don't know much about the clips. Any thoughts would be great

I’d stick to snaps.

Someone on here had one made that covered the whole boat so maybe they'll chime in.

My trailer-able cover snapped under the decking so the entire boat was covered and waterproof. It kept water from getting under the fences. It also was heavy material. They installed a zipper halfway to separate it into 2 pieces so 1 person could lift it up to the boat.

Just so you have the whole picture. Darn I miss that truck!

Attachments

• B423D8EC-F777-49FC-88CD-D53C0DB783D0.jpeg
    B423D8EC-F777-49FC-88CD-D53C0DB783D0.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 44
Rockie69, that is a sharp cover! I like the backdoor with zippers. The gas filler hatch was a great idea. My last cover went all the way down in the front to keep it bug free. I copied all the pics. That's what I'm going with. Thanks for the ideas everybody

Rockie69 great cover. I see that Dave Long made that cover. Could you tell me about what you paid for it. Would you change anything if you had another cover made?

Last edited:
When I had a new custom mooring cover made for my boat, I asked the lady to add an extra flap of fabric to cover all the snaps along both sides. This keeps the rain from dripping off the snaps and causing black streaks under each snap. I first saw this on a Tahoe cover and thought it was a great idea.

Rockie69 great cover. I see that Dave Long made that cover. Could you tell me about what you paid for it. Would you change anything if you had another cover made?
I think it was around $1200 -$1500 I forget exactly. If you are in the Iowa City area, they do awesome work! I went with the heavier duty sunbrella, one could probably get by with the lighter material. I tend to over engineer things. It was on the heavy side, but worked awesome! One thing I was going to do was have a zipper addition made for bow and stern, as I used it for my indoor storage cover which left my decks exposed. But...I sold her.

Back