Custom Fender Mounts

Justin M

Reaction score
I initially used EzFenders to mount my fenders. I found that I did not often need the adjustability that they provided, but I did want a quick way to mount my fenders in a consistent position that is easy to remove completely so that the fenders aren't on the outside of the fence while underway . This is what I came up with utilizing my existing EzFender mounts:
20200425_125002.jpg20200425_124936.jpg20200425_124922.jpg:

Last edited:
Nicely done!

I initially used EzFenders to mount my fenders. I found that I did not often need the adjustability that they provided, but I did want a quick way to mount my fenders in a consistent position that is easy to remove completely so that the fenders aren't on the outside of the fence while underway . This is what I came up with utilizing my existing EzFender mounts:
View attachment 26738View attachment 26739View attachment 26740:

That looks great! We just ordered EZFenders for our Bennington and I was wondering if they interfere with the cover. Our cover is very fitted so my husband says the EZFender will prevent the cover from attaching properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

That looks great! We just ordered EZFenders for our Bennington and I was wondering if they interfere with the cover. Our cover is very fitted so my husband says the EZFender will prevent the cover from attaching properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have individual seat covers and they fit fine.

I have individual seat covers and they fit fine.

I was worried about the main cover over the entire cabin when it is being stored. Our cover clips to the underside of the second rail and is VERY tight against the top rail so my hubby was worried the EZFenders would interfere with the cover. Does anyone find that to be an issue?

I have ez fenders and my mooring cover goes over them easily however I do not have one towards the very back of the boat

I have ez fenders and my mooring cover goes over them easily however I do not have one towards the very back of the boat
Thank you for the confirmation that the mooring cover goes over them easily. We are planning on installing them...three on each side. We will just have to be careful about not installing them too far towards the back of the boat. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum Benny2020. My EZ Fenders are pretty snug against our mooring cover. We had our local canvas shop sew extra material where each one of them are for added protection against it rubbing or eventually poking through. They also added extra material where the mirror mount is. Well worth the $20.

Thank you for the confirmation that the mooring cover goes over them easily. We are planning on installing them...three on each side. We will just have to be careful about not installing them too far towards the back of the boat. Thanks again!

As I said we don’t have an ez mount towards the rear of my boat as not needed due to my dock configuration. If I remember right it might have interfered with the mooring cover back there. When we needed to hang a fender in the stern we tied one on the Bimini strut

I'm going to be installing 3 sets of EZFenders this weekend. I'll try to remember to grab pics with the cover on.

I like the plastic clips for fenders so I can move them around as needed.

I'm going to be installing 3 sets of EZFenders this weekend. I'll try to remember to grab pics with the cover on.

2 weekends in a row I forgot to take pics. But The impact on the cover will depend on the exact placement. The knobs on My rearmost mounts slightly push out on my cover so I looped the extra rope around the knob and then put the cover on so the rope is actually touching the cover, not the plastic knob. Hope that makes sense.

Ranger did you see my earlier post? We had our local canvas guy sew in extra material where each EZ Fender is located as well as the area where our mirror mount is. So it can't poke through the mooring cover material. 2nd boat we did this on.......

Ranger did you see my earlier post? We had our local canvas guy sew in extra material where each EZ Fender is located as well as the area where our mirror mount is. So it can't poke through the mooring cover material. 2nd boat we did this on.......

Yup, I did. Think I may tackle that in the winter. Thanks!

That's probably the correct method, but I was thinking about using iron-on jean patches on the underside of the mooring cover :)

That's probably the correct method, but I was thinking about using iron-on jean patches on the underside of the mooring cover :)
That'll work!!! Anything so it won't poke through the fabric!

No a fan of the EZ Fenders that came with our boat...replaced with these last month and love them...had the same ones on our previous pontoon for 19 years...

Attachments

• 20200825_070115.jpg
    20200825_070115.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20200825_070125.jpg
    20200825_070125.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 85
Shows you how something that works for one person doesn’t go the next. For me that looks like a hassle to have to undo and redo the knot to move fender higher or lower or to take fender off

That’s why Bennington has so many layouts and styles

LOL, removing that knot every time would be terrible...take a closer look at the close up pic...the round white part under the knot simply clicks in...take a few secs to remove all 4..as mentioned the last ones I had for MANY years...still worked like new and no cover interference....

Oh I see it now

Back