Dallas International Boat Show

Butchkid

Reaction score
This is the Bennington area at the Dallas International Boat Show today.

gallery_82_73_67385.jpg

gallery_82_73_111814.jpg

gallery_82_73_68319.jpg

gallery_82_73_56096.jpg

gallery_82_73_108440.jpg

gallery_82_73_28640.jpg

Eye candy!

Thanks for taking the time to post those! Photos are always fun to look at...

I wish this site was more photo friendly, especially with regards to the 1/2 MB total posting limit, and the much smaller single photo limit (at least in the forums)...

Butchkid posted his photos on another site and linked to them... TB - Please take note! I would think you'd want photos posted permanently here. If someone posts there photos on another site and links to them, all sorts of things can go wrong, and it just makes this site look bad (when there are broken links, or photos missing because someone deleted their hosting site, etc). If they're hosted here, they're posted here forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking the time to post those! Photos are always fun to look at...

I wish this site was more photo friendly, especially with regards to the 1/2 MB total posting limit, and the much smaller single photo limit (at least in the forums)...

Butchkid posted his photos on another site and linked to them... TB - Please take note! I would think you'd want photos posted permanently here. If someone posts there photos on another site and links to them, all sorts of things can go wrong, and it just makes this site look bad (when there are broken links, or photos missing because someone deleted their hosting site, etc). If they're hosted here, they're posted here forever.
What I did was post them in the Gallery first, but the Gallery appears to have a different domain name than the rest of this site so it looks like they are hosted elsewhere. There is a helpful hint from Bennington about the Gallery here, but it doesn't really explain what is happening behind the scenes so it is confusing for people. (Gallery Help)

I think the limitations that people experience exist when you try to insert the image in to the actual post. That might be storing the images locally with the forum where there is limited space, so people then see the message about image size and number of images allowed. If you post to the Gallery first and then on the right side of the screen cut-and-paste the link to the image, you can then come back to the forum and insert that link by clicking on INSERT IMAGE and pasting in the URL to the picture. I haven't experienced any limitations on size or number of pictures using that method.

Maybe the Gallery Help post in the hints section could be expanded a little to explain that a little better for people, because I had the same reaction as you did originally when I ran in to the limitations.

By the way, the picture of the two guys is of me and the Bennington Sales Rep for our area. I'm the taller one with dark hair. Really nice guy, and I enjoyed talking to him about the things I love with the Bennington, and the things I saw around the boat show that others were doing. If you are in the area, this is well worth the visit.

Butchkid - A big THANK YOU for posting the tip on posting photos! That was VERY helpful!

Back