Dash wood grain plastic peeling

rvhvb

Reaction score
I have a 2004 207L on which the wood grain plastic on the dashboard is peeling. Has anyone had to address this problem? Any suggestions for refinishing?

If the piece is removable, a shop that does the vehicle wraps may be able to give it a new look.

You could also see if anyone around there does hydrographics sometimes known as water transfer printing. Works amazingly. A fella I know here has done vehicle dashes and helmets and pretty much anything. Looks pretty cool.

I've seen hydro done as carbon fiber and you can't tell till you touch it, it looks so real !!

Yes it is pretty amazing, he did up a dash and a bunch of logos in this skull pattern and it was just phenomenal.

If the panels are flat, you could make some out of real wood (1/4" marine plywood with maybe a burl veneer). Just use the plastic ones as patterns. A good Marine Spar varnish would keep them looking great for years.

If the panels are flat, you could make some out of real wood (1/4" marine plywood with maybe a burl veneer). Just use the plastic ones as patterns. A good Marine Spar varnish would keep them looking great for years.
The only problem would be, the first one would cost me 1,000's of dollars to buy all the tools you must have and the second one would cost $12. :)

The only problem would be, the first one would cost me 1,000's of dollars to buy all the tools you must have and the second one would cost $12. :)
Not to be contrary but likely you could do the whole project with a $10 coping saw and some sandpaper plus the cost of the wood.. It would be time consuming and not terribly efficient but you could get it done. :)

Back