Dealer services

Boatingbob

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 2274 (I think) GLi last September. Discovered there was a new dealer closer than the one I bought from. Went in there today with a problem with my Evinrude. The closer dealer is not an authorized Evinrude dealer. They said they could not provide warranty services for the Evinrude.

So .... if one has a problem with equipment on a Bennington, not every Bennington dealer can provide warrant service ... the dealer must be an authorized shop for that equipment, is that correct?

Thanks.

Bob

Bob, sorry to hear that you have had a problem. Keep in mind that Bennington sells boats, not motors. And that not every dealer that sells Benningtons services every brand of motor. The warranty you have from Bennington covers the boat, the warranty from Evinrude covers the motor. So to answer your question, the dealer has to be an authorized Evinrude dealer to do warranty work on your motor. This is something that is really out of Benningtons hands, because any customer can order virtually any motor they want, maybe not what Bennington would recommend. Do a little research and see if there is an Evinrude dealer closer too you. Otherwise, i hope you get it straightend out :)

The bottom line is, unless EVINRUDE says he's authorized, they won't reimburse him.

Believe me, he'd LIKE to work on your engine. It's paid work. But only if someone pays him.

It's an imperfect system. But, if you contact Evinrude they might be able to find you whichever actual authorized service center is closest to you.

My dealer is a Mercury dealer. When I bought my boat, I wanted a 150hp. But did not want all the extra costs of going to a Verado. My dealer offered to have my boat set up with a Yamaha, but told me they would be unable to to any warranty work. I settled for the 115 Merc to keep warranty.

Back