decorating boat

Debra

Reaction score
We have a two year old Bennington fishing boat. We didn't build it we bought one that was on the lot. It is all black. There are several other all black Bennington boats on the lake. Where we keep our boat at a marina they bought three all black benningtons to rent out. It's like all of a sudden there are all these boats that look like ours. I put vinyl lettering on the three marina boats just so they could be sure which ones were theirs. They have State Park Marina on them. I guess black is the in color Lol! I'm wanting to put  a decal on our boat so ours will be totally different. I've picked a dark red and a silver to accent the black. Do you think it will look alright in metallic or would you just go with a gloss vinyl? Please help!

I really like black with a splash of red. 

Orange flames!

Do you have the raised x rails? If not the sky is the limit on what you can do.

Maybe you could also put the name on the back of the boat.......

I'm new to this boat but what exactly do you mean by raised x rails? 

Are the panels smooth when you look at the boat from the exterior? Or can you see the frame of the fencing and arching lines? 

If it's a 2-year old boat it most likely has the "x fence".  I believe 2012 was the last year they did the "x-less" fences.

Here's one without the "x-fence"

287cbc7b67177be7111013689f85b050--bennington-boats-shooting-photo.jpg

and here's one with the "x-fence"

3652131-0-13873441.jpg

See how there are many more vertical risers on the fence on the "x-fence"?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a 2-year old boat it most likely has the "x fence".  I believe 2012 was the last year they did the "x-less" fences.

Here's one without the "x-fence"

and here's one with the "x-fence"

See how there are many more vertical risers on the fence on the "x-fence"?

I got it now. I think I can work around that. The decals on that top is exactly what I am going to try to do only a little different. Thank you for posting these differences.

Haven't done anything with it yet. We are going to do it this winter when we can't enjoy our boat. I'm still looking at designs on the internet. I did buy dark grey and red metallic vinyl. Pretty sure I'm doing those colors

Any update? What decals did you put on your boat?
I haven't done anything to it yet we just now had to take it out of the water since the cold weather is here to stay. I have dark Gray and red metallic vinyl. I'm searching for designs on the Internet don't think I'm going to do the B logo. I will definitely post a picture once it's all done hope it turns out good

Do you have a local shop that "wraps" cars, trucks, commercial vehicles, and boats?!? They would be able to design and make you anything you want.......We had it done in the spring.

Back