Dented pontoons

You'll take a huge hit when you go to sell or trade the boat.

The insurance company should pay to fix it. Then they'll have to litigate against whoever stored it for negligence. This is a lesson to be learned for all owners that store their boats out of the water in the off season. There is no substitute for every boat to have its own trailer.

And any boat that goes into inside storage in racks must also be sitting on a custom built square rack with all toons supported front to rear. Those mega forklifts are killers to aluminum toons.

And any boat that goes into inside storage in racks must also be sitting on a custom built square rack with all toons supported front to rear. Those mega forklifts are killers to aluminum toons.
Fingers crossed...

Hi Frank, I think this has happened to me as well with my Bennington. It is a 2021 22SLX with a 150HP Merc and just yesterday I noticed two matching impressions on the back of the outboard tubes. Were you able to come to any resolution with your dealer? I have mine stored at my selling dealer as well.

Hi Frank, I think this has happened to me as well with my Bennington. It is a 2021 22SLX with a 150HP Merc and just yesterday I noticed two matching impressions on the back of the outboard tubes. Were you able to come to any resolution with your dealer? I have mine stored at my selling dealer as well.
This post is 4 years old, the original poster has not been active on the forum since. You can try to send him a PM.

This post is 4 years old, the original poster has not been active on the forum since. You can try to send him a PM.
Hi Jack, The dents were definitely caused by careless handling of the boat. I had stored the boat there for 3 years no problem. 4th year there were matching dents on rear of tubes with one cracked and leaking. My dealer refused to admit that they did it, blamed it on weak Bennington tubes. No luck from factory guy. Had leak fixed and now I keep boat at my house, no additional problems.

Back