depth finder

Nick

Reaction score
I am the owner of my first pontoon boat as of this week. Ive always had fishing boats in the past and transducer location was never an issue. Where is the best place to mount a transducer for my new pontoon?

Mine is located on the starboard pontoon in the stern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is on the port side tube, in the stern. It's screwed into a large bracket that, from what I've read here, is for holding the water pickup for the live well.

I'm sure you won't do this, but to remove all doubt, don't screw it into the end cap of the pontoon! You want to mount it to the bracket that's already there somewhere and make sure the screws aren't too long so they don't puncture the water-tight pontoon. That's the only way I can think of to make sure it's always under water. Mine sticks down about an inch lower than the bottom edge of the pontoon.

Smokey Mountain has a photo, fourth one down in the long string of photos, that shows where the transducer is mounted. Bottom edge, port tube.

Take a look in my gallery photos. You'll see the brackets where the transducers mount on the back of the tubes. Word of caution, depending on where you mountain your head unit /the display), you may need a transducer extension cable.

Good luck

Todd

If you have a tri-toon, I suggest mounting it to the transom. I've had much better luck with clean data at speed with it mounted there.

DSC_0019.jpg

I am the owner of my first pontoon boat as of this week. Ive always had fishing boats in the past and transducer location was never an issue. Where is the best place to mount a transducer for my new pontoon?
I just installed one and I put it on the bracket in the back of the left pontoon. I also installed the speed sensor there as well. Just tried it out this weekend and it worked great! I think the bracket is where the livewell pump is located but I didn't have one. The more difficult issue was where to install the unit itself on the console. B)

Thanks again to everyone. Its nice to see everyone willing to help. I am using the bracket for the livewell.

Back