Did your state make the list?

Michiman

Reaction score
NC made both lists.

None of the states I generally boat in made the list. Although since the river borders Ohio, ky and indiana not sure how they would do the numbers. 

SC made both lists

Notice that most of the states were southern. Is that because of the weather and a longer boating season or something else? (Am I stereotyping?)

We didn't make it on either list. Maybe people don't want to steal boats that have been in our muddy water, and then we don't have as many accidents because the boats won't go as fast in muddy water. :D

Notice that most of the states were southern. Is that because of the weather and a longer boating season or something else? (Am I stereotyping?)

More people have boats/watercraft in Florida, so just simple odds will put Florida as #1.  Same logic like why N. Dakota isn't on the list.

More people have boats/watercraft in Florida, so just simple odds will put Florida as #1.  Same logic like why N. Dakota isn't on the list.

I think MI is number 2 or three for number of registered boats but we're not on either list. I guess having to chisel the boat out of ice not only deters theft, it also reduces the boating accidents as we can't used them but a couple of weeks.

That was kind of my point. Better weather,  more people that want to boat and boat more.  B)

I think MI is number 2 or three for number of registered boats but we're not on either list. I guess having to chisel the boat out of ice not only deters theft, it also reduces the boating accidents as we can't used them but a couple of weeks.

LOL.... Yeah, y'all got two seasons up there.... winter and the 4th of July!  :D

Back