Didn't take long!!!

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
We had trunk or treat for the kids in our community, last night at the church. My Bennington dealer walks up and told me that the guy that bought my first Benny brought it in about 2 weeks after I sold it to him. RJ said that he hit a rock in a shallow area, and almost tore the back cap off of one of the toons. Said when he hit the rock, it slid down the toon until it hit that seam for the cap, and ripped up upward and almost off. Talk about new boaters' luck. RJ suggested that he order another log to replace it with, but it was going to take several months to get it in, so the owner told him to just get it fixed. He got it back about 3 weeks ago.
This was the one he bought from me.

First Toon.jpg

Wow. That must have been scary for them. Are the water levels fluctuating that much or are people unaware of these hazards? We have a lot of stumps in our lake and everyone avoids a particular area like the plague for that reason.

This was his first boat since he moved to this area. He is a retired NASA engineer from Germany. I guess he has a lot to learn about The Rez.

Our reservoir wasn't built by the COE. The dam/spillway was built, and the Pearl River basin was then, flooded to create the 33,000 acre recreational area. There are some shallow spots, and then there are some really shallow spots. Yes, like yours, Andy, there are many roots in the fisherman's paradise. When boating, you have to know where those areas are. He obviously didn't.

Are those shallow areas marked?!?

We have marked shoals all over our lake.......and I guess a few unmarked ones. We steer clear of them.......

They mark some of them when the level gets too low. When going up the river, only the idiots get outside the markers.

Back