Difference Between Lifting Strake part numbers

Iowa_Scott

Reaction score
What's the difference between Lifting Strakes part#  900289 and lift strakes part#  903056.  Both are for 2 toons. I assume one is for the outside and one is for the inside of the toon but, no pictures or description to verify this.

The difference could be a sealed and non sealed strake.....not sure.  Ours has 2 different styles (but it's a tritoon) there are lifting strakes down both sides of the center tube and more of a foil on the inside of both outer tubes.  With a 2 tube boat you'll probably have them down both sides of each tube like this one.

BW_01-2013_Bennington_01.jpg

Either way lifting strakes are key to turning a displacement hull (2 tube standard boat) that plows through the water into more of a planing hull that skips across the water (like in the pic above).

This one is a bit different than ours as we don't have any strakes on the outside of the outer toons but you can get the idea.

288wcvo.jpg

The difference could be a sealed and non sealed strake.....not sure.  Ours has 2 different styles (but it's a tritoon) there are lifting strakes down both sides of the center tube and more of a foil on the inside of both outer tubes.  With a 2 tube boat you'll probably have them down both sides of each tube like this one.

Either way lifting strakes are key to turning a displacement hull (2 tube standard boat) that plows through the water into more of a planing hull that skips across the water (like in the pic above).

This one is a bit different than ours as we don't have any strakes on the outside of the outer toons but you can get the idea.

Looks like a really bad day in the lower pic. What happened??

I'm no boat builder but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...and I think the toons on that boat in the lower pic are installed incorrectly.  I'm fairly certain the toons go on the bottom of the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipped over for viewing the quality construction......please flip back over before use.  It runs and rides better that way :wacko:

Thank you all,

Back