Difference between models with 'X' adn non-X

BKFaison

Reaction score
All,

Planning to purchase our first Pontoon and have decided on Bennington. Am currently considering the 'S' series, 22 foot SL/SLX. Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 models? I can't seem to find it on their site and the images look the same, but there is a slight price difference. Any help appreciated.

Oh oh oh, something I know! :)   The ones with X have the nice aluminum rails on the outside of the paneling while the ones without X just have it around the edges. 

Pics:

(EDIT: These are different models of S series boats, but they still show the difference between one with an X and one without.)

With an X:

22-SS-Main-3848.jpg

Without an X:

Bennington-Pontoon-22-SF-Beauty-1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the Exact same thing last season . . Then I ended up with P.A.D. s 

Hey BKFaison,

We also looked at both and spent the $ for the SLX. We think it looks much nicer than the plain sides. Congrats on choosing the Bennington...most folks on here will agree it is the best boat built and the best warranty.

Keep us posted on how the process is going for you guys.

Later,

Marc

Put a "3" on the end of the SLX and you get a full lounge on the starboard side, all the way from the bow fence to the helm, instead of another gate there.  It provides awesome extra storage, which is one reason we opted to save the $$ and not get the infloor storage.  If we had a different configuration we likely would have gotten the middle tube storage.

It can be hard to keep all the design nuances straight, even for dealers since Bennington changes/tweaks things change so much.  The Bennington build website could definitely do a better job describing the differences and showing more pictures.

I stand corrected -- looks like the "3" is only on the 24 foot version.  The 22 SLX has the lounge go all the way to the helm.  

Lots to keep straight! 

Keep in mind that there are different model S's

Last edited by a moderator:
I had asked three dealers the same question and none had an answer. Thanks

The only negative I have read about the X is there is very little room to put a boat name

Congratulations,now comes the hard part .Waiting .

Good choice and congrats. I dont think you will be dissapointed..

Hey BKF,

Great choice and we have the same basic setup. Have fun waiting, that is always the hardest!

Later,

Marc

Congrats! Welcome to the family  :)

Back