Do Bimini tops on 2020 models lower?

Reaction score
We just purchased our 2020 Bennington 22SRX. We took it out yesterday and had issues with the Bimini too fitting under bridges. Do they lower? Sorry if this isn’t how to post on here. Will be grateful for any help.

Attachments

• 7219D170-5594-43A1-8044-8D598B849279.jpeg
    7219D170-5594-43A1-8044-8D598B849279.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 49
They will lower from where you have it in the picture. There are 2 short arms that can go where the most reward section of the bimini frame meets the rail frame. This is called the radar position and should be used while towing.

It is in the radar position in this picture.0310191118a.jpg

For lowering it to the radar position, all you have to do is support the top with one hand and pop the rear support beam forward with the other hand. It is held onto the rail mount with a friction clip. Do that to both of the rear support legs and reverse the process with the shorter legs to put it in the radar position.
To “pop” them you just have hit them forward (towards the front of the boat) with the palm of your hand to free them from the rail mount. No tools needed.

Thanks everyone! Being a new boat owner, I didn’t want us to break something. Our first trip out was fun and a lot of learning for me lol

Sadly, your dealer really should have walked you through this. Make sure to check out my video on covering/uncovering and using the mooring clip system if you have it.

This is where the power bimini is awesome. If you gotta raise and lower regularly, push a button and gett’er done. :)

They will lower from where you have it in the picture. There are 2 short arms that can go where the most reward section of the bimini frame meets the rail frame. This is called the radar position and should be used while towing.

Great info and pics, but just to correct one thing, I believe that this is actually called the towing position, not the radar position. Radar position is the bimini collapsed, but still up on the longer legs that you can walk under. Just clearing any confusion so new members don't get different terms so we all are talking about the same thing.

Great info and pics, but just to correct one thing, I believe that this is actually called the towing position, not the radar position. Radar position is the bimini collapsed, but still up on the longer legs that you can walk under. Just clearing any confusion so new members don't get different terms so we all are talking about the same thing.
[/QUOTE

You are correct. The radar positon is with it up so you can walk under. Thanks for correcting that!

Back