Do I order the Double Bimini or Not

When we ordered ours very first thing we added. Would not have a toon without one. Easy to put up and down or remove. You won't be sorry you ordered it. My two cents

We have it and love it. However, during long drives I did notice it flexing quite a bit in the wind. (65mph towing). I would think continued flexing would be detrimental over time. I purchased 5 $1 dog collars and attached them evenly spaced. They act just like shrink wrap. I left them on in this pic for a short ride last month. They took away nearly all movement while traveling.

Attachments

• 0965D534-8BCE-468F-B016-2ED37D7ED188.jpeg
    0965D534-8BCE-468F-B016-2ED37D7ED188.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
And to each, his own. The forward “view” in the above post is one strong reason I’d never have a second bimini.

I will note that it is in the trailering position. It can be raised out of the forward view without actually setting it up. But it was the 23rd of December. I was needing to run some StaBil through the motor and I thought a quick 30 minutes on the lake beat having the ears on in my driveway.
But I do agree that it is a personal choice. If it were just two of us all the time, I wouldn’t have it but we often have 6+ and it is appreciated on a long day.

I think most of us northerner's have no concept of what it's like to boat in the south. With temps over 100, I'd think you might also want to add A/C along with the double bimini! Heck, most of the summer we take jackets with us for the ride home in the evening or when the sun goes behind the clouds (which seems to happen frequently here in Michigan).

No, I get it. We got sun up front, and shade astern. However, if you are constantly hosting a bunch of UV-phobes, I can understand the need for more shade.

With any bimini up, you can't run over 20 mph safely, so having two to stow seems a pain as well.

Again, horses for courses!

Shoot, I've had my Benny at 50 with both biminis up and it's tight as a drum. The label on the front bimini had a 46 mph speed rating.

Wow, Havasu!? I was told by my dealer that we shouldn't run faster than 20 mph with the bimini up. I learn something every day!

Well, in all fairness I've got the sport tower which is solid as a rock. The rear bimini is attached to it and the front bimini to that. So, maybe that overall combination is stronger than some of the other boats with biminis that your dealer sells and he just isn't aware.

That may be. I just have the regular bimini on my lowly 22SSX, so the rating I was told may be correct. I will have to see if there's a label with that info. I hadn't noticed one before.

Hey Jeff Pearl, you asked what kind of discount I got. I have been making changes to my order, so I cannot go on Bennington's website and build and compare to my final bill, since Wyland's Marine has not yet given me my final detailed bill yet. On another note can someone please tell me how I put the spec's of my boat below my postings.

Oh I guess I figured it out with my "test" word.

So glad we went with the double Bimini. We were on the fence about it, so glad we got it.

Shoot, I've had my Benny at 50 with both biminis up and it's tight as a drum. The label on the front bimini had a 46 mph speed rating.
Same here! I usually keep both Bimini's deployed at all times. I trailer it about 6 miles from storage to the launch ramp at Crazy Horse. Since the boat has a top speed of about 50MPH with them deployed, I dont see any problems towing it at those speeds.

Besides, that's what the 10 year warranty is for!

Back