Docking light plug

RiverTooner

Reaction score
I don't have docking lights but there is a female plug underneath the deck. I want to hook pontoon led lights to it , what kind of male plug goes to it ? 2020 Benny SLV

Is this the plug you are asking about? It is a Deutsch connector. Google will find where to buy them for you.

Deutsch DT 2 Way Gray Connector Assembly Kit

JohnL
How do I know if I need a DT ,DTM or DTP Series connector , i dont know how to tell what gage wire I have .

By the amperage and size wire. It looks like the docking light plugs are DT. Wire gauge should be printed on the wire. Have a magnifying glass to read them.

JohnL
Thank you , you made it very easy , it is a 16 ga DT connector, its ordered.
Thanks again Ed

I just installed dock lights today and used the Amphenol AT connectors which mate perfectly with the Deutsch plugs on my 20SV.
Don't need the special crimper tool, I soldered my pins. Ez pz.
TT

I don't have docking lights but there is a female plug underneath the deck. I want to hook pontoon led lights to it , what kind of male plug goes to it ? 2020 Benny SLV
So lets see some pics, instructions, where to buy what you used, of your DIY project!

Everything I got was from Amazon, everything was rated very high. I got the Seapon strip lights ,
JRready DT connection kit #16 solid contact 2 pin ( tried them on docking light plug and they fit perfect.)
IWISS closed barrel crimper ,( No local electrical shop around had one to do it for me , you can easily pay over $150 , I found one for $34 and works great.)
Wire on boat is 16 gage , wire on lights is much smaller , talked to electrician and he said strip back smaller wire a little more and fold over a few times then insert in DT pin.
I live in PA and waiting for weather to warm up per instructions on light adhesive tape. I'll send pictures after assembly.
Ed

Everything I got was from Amazon, everything was rated very high. I got the Seapon strip lights ,
JRready DT connection kit #16 solid contact 2 pin ( tried them on docking light plug and they fit perfect.)
IWISS closed barrel crimper ,( No local electrical shop around had one to do it for me , you can easily pay over $150 , I found one for $34 and works great.)
Wire on boat is 16 gage , wire on lights is much smaller , talked to electrician and he said strip back smaller wire a little more and fold over a few times then insert in DT pin.
I live in PA and waiting for weather to warm up per instructions on light adhesive tape. I'll send pictures after assembly.
Ed
Thank you, appreciate the info, I plan to do this in about a month when it's warmer here in S.W. Michigan.

Back