Docking lights

Tick

Reaction score
I have a 2019 sx21 Bennington pontoon boat. It has a rocker switch on the console that is marked docking lights. I want to add docking lights to my boat and I am assuming it already has the wires run for them. My problem is I dont know which wire is the one for the docking lights. How do I locate them ?

I have a 2019 sx21 Bennington pontoon boat. It has a rocker switch on the console that is marked docking lights. I want to add docking lights to my boat and I am assuming it already has the wires run for them. My problem is I dont know which wire is the one for the docking lights. How do I locate them ?
look under the deck at the front of the boat.

I saw a plug under the front of the boat but I was told it was probably a plug for a trolling motor. The other wires are in a protective sleeve

My 2011 GCW came from the factory with docking lights. The wires to them are gray with a black stripe. Here is a shot from my recent thread adding an LED light bar to supplement the measly docking lights. You can see the original gray/black wire as well as the Deutsche connector in the background:
bar light 7.jpg

Yours probably uses the same color. Look for them under the corner of the bow. Then turn the switch on and test for power using a 12 volt test light like this:
Amazon test light

My 2011 GCW came from the factory with docking lights. The wires to them are gray with a black stripe. Here is a shot from my recent thread adding an LED light bar to supplement the measly docking lights. You can see the original gray/black wire as well as the Deutsche connector in the background:
View attachment 26667

Yours probably uses the same color. Look for them under the corner of the bow. Then turn the switch on and test for power using a 12 volt test light like this:
Amazon test light
Thank you that helps alot

Don’t know if I’m too late, but you don’t have to cut your wires. I found the matching connector for the factory harness. I bought it on alliedelec.com
227D773A-023E-406D-B487-AA4558964345.jpegC2BF78D6-352F-4BEF-8E96-01B1C74BB222.jpeg

I used the same connectors shown above. No need to cut or splice any of the factory wires. I did the whole project for about $50.20200609_095634[1].jpg

Last edited:
I just did the same thing today. Adding a pair of LED lights and they came with the female connection and plugged right into the dock light connection

Back