Does your ski pole have a little rattle ?

dmctruby

Reaction score
I have a "new" 2010 2250. The ski pole (ski tower) rattles a bit. I first checked to ensure it was snug in the twist lock, which it was. I then removed it to check if the rubber isolation o-ring was in place at the bottom, which it was. I then tried to add another o-ring thinking that might snug things up...nope, still rattles. I will ask the dealer about it but wanted to see if they all do this first. It's not a horribe overly loud rattle....but I am thinking it's not right. Anyone have a noise free/rattle free one ?

I have a 2011 2274GLI with the retractable ski pole that doesn't rattle. I do have a little vibration rattle coming from the ladder. Is that maybe what your hearing?

No, it's the ski pole for sure. If slight pressure is applied by hand or you just grasp it, it will stop rattling. BTW my ladder is 100% vibration free :) I have removed the ski pole and again, no rattle. So I know it's the issue.

I have a 2011 2274GLI with the retractable ski pole that doesn't rattle. I do have a little vibration rattle coming from the ladder. Is that maybe what your hearing?

We have the 2275 RCW with removable ski pole and it is rattle-free, The chain that "secures" the rear stern lounge passengers does tap the pole sometimes but it is not a problem.

2011 2275GCW and no rattle for me although i haven't really pulled anything yet. I used it once to pull my wife and 4 year old daughter around on a tube but went about 2 miles an hour. Have you used it alot? maybe something to look at as a possible issue with use??? my ski pole is also not "removable"

I have used it about 10 times this season however it rattled the day we got the boat. The dealer did say it was not normal, he looked at it once with no conclusion. I am going to ask to try another ski pole.

BTW I thought most of the ski poles were removeable, you have to twist it awfully hard to get the setting pins to rotate out of the catch place in the plastic collar that is in the floor...but mine does come out and it is designed to be stored when note in use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used it about 10 times this season however it rattled the day we got the boat. The dealer did say it was not normal, he looked at it once with no conclusion. I am going to ask to try another ski pole.

BTW I thought most of the ski poles were removeable, you have to twist it awfully hard to get the setting pins to rotate out of the catch place in the plastic collar that is in the floor...but mine does come out and it is designed to be stored when note in use.
Some are removeable and twist into a receptacle in the floor, some are fixed and bolted around the motor to the back of the boat, and some are retractable into the sun deck(not removeable unless you count removing the 3/4" double nuts on the bottom end of the 4" diameter post thru the bracket in the motor well).

well now i want to run down to the boat and see if it is removable!!! HAHA too bad it's midnight on a weekday. I've tried to twist it (not too hard though) but didn't want to mess anything up so i left it in. truthfully it's not in the way and depending on how many beers i've had it comes in handy LOL. i like to throw my life jackets around it too so they can dry on the vinyl area and don't fly off the swim deck when we take off from swimming. (already made that mistake once...good thing life jackets float and i didn't go very far before i realized it) :eek:

well i guess if i would have tried twisting it in the opposite direction the first time i would've realized that the ski pylon is removable...haha (it turns clockwise/right to remove it)

My dealer gave me a new ski-pole. It seems to vibrate much less. It's the end of the season here so I'll have to wait until next year to give it full workout. I hate fall and winter, marina wants the boats out in the next week or so .

Sorry off topic, but Matthew can you post up or PM me some details about your interior lights? They look very cool in your avatar pic.

Back