Dog ladder

Outabounds68

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good dog ladder/stairs for larger dogs? The only one I’ve found that looks decent is $300+! Most of the stairs out there are for boats with rails, not designed for pontoons. Thanks.

Anyone know of a good dog ladder/stairs for larger dogs? The only one I’ve found that looks decent is $300+! Most of the stairs out there are for boats with rails, not designed for pontoons. Thanks.

Hmmm...do a quick search on this site. I know someone asked this in the last couple of weeks, and others replied with a picture and post to some options. I don’t remember the details; I just remember seeing the posts. Good luck!

I've been researching the same problem. The two issues I have found is (1) outrageously expensive and (2) I'd prefer to not start drilling holes into my new boat, so would like something that's not permanent. I ended up buying the Great Day LP500 for $137 at Amazon. Still not cheap, but in comparison...... I will be using it for the first time this weekend and will let you know how it turns out. We have two 85lb. labs.

I've been researching the same problem. The two issues I have found is (1) outrageously expensive and (2) I'd prefer to not start drilling holes into my new boat, so would like something that's not permanent. I ended up buying the Great Day LP500 for $137 at Amazon. Still not cheap, but in comparison...... I will be using it for the first time this weekend and will let you know how it turns out. We have two 85lb. labs.
Hey thank you very much for the update. I actually found a guy on the lake that manufactured one himself and had a Bennington and it was mind blowing watching his dogs climb up this ladder that he made from a screen door (aluminum) and stick floaty’s. I took several pictures and know a guy that’s pretty handy. If we ever create one I will definitely let you know.

I have the Paws Pets Doggy Ladder, Works very well for my 105# Shepard. Post pics of the homemade version .

I have the Paws Pets Doggy Ladder, Works very well for my 105# Shepard. Post pics of the homemade version .
That one looks pretty good but how do you attach it to your pontoon? Do you lose the ability to use the regular ladder? It looks like it attaches to the ladder.

ACB23948-8F82-43EB-9882-90C373684B1A.jpeg The Great day ladder I would rate as good but not great. I’m going to make some adjustments that I think will help. On a related note, while my wife and I love the new boat, the one in the picture is having the time of her life!!!

She's a pretty fine vessel you have there! You'd have to be dead not to love it...

She's a pretty fine vessel you have there! You'd have to be dead not to love it...

I am hoping I get to take mine with me when dead and love it forever! :)

I have a friend who's dog just climbs the regular ladder as if he is a person! Up and jump's back in repeatedly like a kid!!!

I have a eng bulldog and cavalier mix about 50lbs and i always put a life jacket on him cause im pretty sure he would sink like a rock... so getting him out of the water is tough...i need something that will stow out of the way when not using it to. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20170722_190521.jpg
    20170722_190521.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 27
I have a eng bulldog and cavalier mix about 50lbs and i always put a life jacket on him cause im pretty sure he would sink like a rock... so getting him out of the water is tough...i need something that will stow out of the way when not using it to. Any ideas?

The produce I'm using works decently, could be better. One of the big plusses that I like is it folds and stores under my console.

http://greatdayinc.com/products/hunting-accessories/load-a-pup-model-lp500/

I would love to find/diy a ramp that leads to a float that the pups can walk down and lay in some shallow water and easily return to the boat when they want to. I have 2 pit mix's that are about 50ish lbs each and they not crazy about swimming but like to play on a beach where they can enter the water at their leisure.

I can Take a picture, but don’t have one. It folds and I store it under my console. Very portable and out of the way when I don’t need it

Back