Dogs on Boats

bcpnick

Nick
Reaction score
On my website we have a thread called the dogs of backcountrypost.com that is all about pics of member's dogs in the backcountry. It's definitely one of the most popular photo threads we have, so I thought it might be cool to start one here specific to dogs on boats. I know there's a lot of dog lovers on here, so let's see some pics of your pups on your boats! We have 4 dogs in our family, but one of them hates the boat, so most of my pics are of the other 3. I'll start it off with my oldest and the one in my profile pic; Nikita. She's 13 and used to be quite the hiker, but now she is totally hooked on boat trips. The moment she sees the boat in the water she pretty much falls all over herself trying to run for it. What a great dog retirement! 

pineview-12.jpg

utah-lake-8.jpg

Pure bliss....
pineview-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Florence is my daughter's Victorian Bulldogge

Our chocolate lab, Sailor as a puppy. He's a big boy now, 2 years old so I need some new pics.

Added some from last summer

This is our  pup, Jack, (a Catahoula Leopard dog) and I on our previous boat since we don't have our new Bennington yet. 
20140914_141735.jpg

There's a pic in the gallery somewhere of a dog running full speed and jumping off the end of the dock like a little kid. It's one of my favs.

If I could just get our puking fur ball cat to do that...

Our dog Sadie, she has been through two major surgeries with in the last two months but is doing very good now.

Can't wait to get back on the boat with her again this summer.

She loves to be on the boat with us and also she has to see and lick every fish we catch, 

Waiting to go out on the boat

630_zps4d4a41aa.jpg

Hey I want to go on a floatie

682_zpsb5e3eeca.jpg

The Life

685_zpsa249c61f.jpg

ClRD, we would hold the fish so the tail smacks Jack in the face.  His reaction is pretty funny.  

BCPNICK, your pups hardly left any room on the float for your wife-LOL

(I guess I reached my quota of likes for the day?!?)

ClRD, we would hold the fish so the tail smacks Jack in the face.  His reaction is pretty funny.  

I hit my limit yesterday for the first time. Who in the heck thought it would be a good idea to limit that?!

I've got a lot of photos to post in this thread. This is Teak, my dog that definitely does not enjoy riding in the boat. This was the only time we took her out on it and she just stayed right there on the floor, stressed as could be. I've been taking her out and letting her hang out on it in the back yard while I work on it and she seems to be warming up a bit. 

utah-lake-7.jpg

And my youngest, Sage, just after going for a swim. 

powell-august-lg-30.jpg

Tried to like your post, 

Get an error (There was a problem storing your reputation vote.)

Not sure what that's all about.

I hit my limit yesterday for the first time. Who in the heck thought it would be a good idea to limit that?!

I've got a lot of photos to post in this thread. This is Teak, my dog that definitely does not enjoy riding in the boat. This was the only time we took her out on it and she just stayed right there on the floor, stressed as could be. I've been taking her out and letting her hang out on it in the back yard while I work on it and she seems to be warming up a bit.

That's funny. My dobe would be the exact same way. He does not like the water.

Our 9 year old chocolate Lab, Zoya is absolutey in her element when shes on the boat. As soon as I ask her if she wants to go fishing, she looses her mind heading for the door. I open the door, and she's off and running to the dock!

I keep a couple doggie PFDs on the boat. I use them in the kayak sometimes if we go far from camp. Never felt the need to keep them on them while underway or close to shore though. 

bowns-canyon-51.jpg

bowns-canyon-45.jpg

The one thing missing in every one of these posted pictures is .......?
Actually, Florence has her pink polka dot PFD on. She grabs it in her mouth whenever we say "on the boat" :)

Sailor, well, let's just say being a lab, he can swim a country mile and then some. He'd chew right through one anyway  B)

Kimber is OK on the boat but he never settles down and black dog and bright sunshine don't mix well.  Taking him on the boat is not relaxing for anybody.   

Wife and I had Easter dinner on lake yesterday with our lab mix.  This was Alli's first time on the boat.  She has swam in the lake many times but never been on a boat.  She was thrilled.

gallery_6519_747_609381.jpg

Back