Dome letters and rubrail protectors

highpond

Reaction score
Got my dome letters last week and officially named our Benny. The letters are great. "Chrome" They went on easy. and look great fantastic. Put them in a panel in front and over of the motor.

This week I ordered the rub rail protector. Expect them in next week. $30.00 each. That may be a little pricey but it'll protect the rubber rail from the trailer. and in the long run will save me headaches and more money if I ever had to replace the rubber. I hope to get pictures of the letters today and I'll post tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to show the dome lettering but I can't find where I can set up an attachment ????

You either have to load into your gallery or use a hosting service (Photobucket) and insert the image link.

Waiting for the pics and what is the name of your boat?

Feed the animals at the ZOO...it takes pics to keep us happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

Marc

We just got our domed letters on last Saturday as well. They look great!

Anxious to see where you put the name. Limited spots on these pontoons.

Boats name is "Laurus". Picture is now in gallery. I put them on a panel above the motor. I think they look great, easy to put on after getting it centered.

The rail protectors haven't come in yet. They're $30.00 each not including installation if I choose to have my dealer put them on. The only way I figure I can get them on is to launch the boat off the trailer, or push the Benny off the trailer stops enough to be able to drill  the holes and get the bolts through. Follow up after I get them.

Boats name is "Laurus". Picture is now in gallery. I put them on a panel above the motor. I think they look great, easy to put on after getting it centered.

The rail protectors haven't come in yet. They're $30.00 each not including installation if I choose to have my dealer put them on. The only way I figure I can get them on is to launch the boat off the trailer, or push the Benny off the trailer stops enough to be able to drill  the holes and get the bolts through. Follow up after I get them.
Loosen the strap but keep it connected, back up and slam on the brakes.

Hey Carl, that's a RED NECK way of doing it. I don't think so. I'd prefer to do it gently. It won't hurt as much. in damage or in the $ pocketbook. But thanks for the suggestion

Who you callin' a Redneck?   :D    I meant doing it gently.

Yes, you know, gently slamming on the brakes. :)

Or just loosen the bolts on your bunk stop, slide it forward, attach the protectors, slide it back and tighten. Pretty easy.

I love a man with common $.00

I'm guessing you mean me, and I only speak from my own experience. My first boat when I made my own protectors, I attached to the bunk stop, so I launched the boat about a foot off the trailer, then worked fast hoping that no one else showed up to the launch. I later realized I was a moron and should have just loosened the bolts. So I thought I would pass on my life lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple, I just didn't think of doing it that way :wacko: . When they come in I'll only need a wrench and drill. NO  HALF LAUNCH NEEDED Thanks for the hint. Sorry you had to learn the hard way :huh: . But that's how we learn. From error or mistakes. Then a good guy like yourself, passes it on :)

Picked up the rail protectors yesterday. My dealer wants me to get the holes drilled, then bring the boat by and he'll have them riveted on. The rail is aluminum now with aluminum rivets No Electrolysis.  A Great Dealer.

Pulled the stairs back, clamped the new protectors in place, drilled the holes and then used a rivet tool to secure. Simple. Now I can  close all the snaps across the front of the cover. The protectors even look good.

good to hear!  I have a set and still haven't put them on!

Took less than 1/2 hour, simple and now the rail is protected. The rubber was starting to get scratch holes in them so this will help stop any further  damage. Hardest part was pushing the stairs back. 3/4 inch socket on 2 "U" bolts

Anyone know the part number.  My dealer has email their rep at Bennington 3 times and can't seem to get an answer.  My snaps have eat thru my carpeted stops and into the wood.  Of course I can't snap the cover on the two until I install the rub rail protectors.  Help anyone!?

Thanks in advance.

JB

Back