Door hinge lube?

RunningYld

Reaction score
The access doors are a little sticky moving up and down. Especially the port and bow gates which don't get used much.
Has anyone found a good lube that doesn't gum up or leave a greasy mess?
I have to drive a mile of gravel from my house to the pavement so I need something that won't collect dust.

Anyone know of some magic lube that the dust won't stick to.

The only thing I can think of is graphite power but its always made a mess when I've used it in the past.

I spray mine at the beginning of every season with aerosol silicone.Hold a paper towel behind the hinge when you do it.

I used the snap and zipper lube on the hinge pin

I used Finish Line dry bike lubricant, it worked very well. The dry Teflon lube resists water and contaminants. I know this is an old post but I had to share.

You can always try some gun oil CLP spray. I use it on all my door hinges for home and vehicles.

Just be mindful of splatter on the vinyl flooring or seats to avoid potential stains (as with any lubricant).

You can always try some gun oil CLP spray. I use it on all my door hinges for home and vehicles.

Just be mindful of splatter on the vinyl flooring or seats to avoid potential stains (as with any lubricant).
Yes I use the same lubricant that I use on my weapons. Have done it for years.

Update***** There is a paper wrapped lube stick for squeaky door hinges/zippers/screen doors, etc that works great and doesn't make a mess.....called Door-Ease Lube Stik by AGS. I think it is in most Ace type hardware stores....like using a crayon on hinges. wipe them clean with paper towel with alcohol first so lube sticksIMG_4429.jpgIMG_4430.jpg.... works great

Last edited:
Back