Double Bimini and trailering

bwsdj

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have searched the forum on double Bimini and trailering and  found some posts from 2011. I wanted to see if there have been any improvements to the process  and also if the current double Bimini option can be trailered in the rear facing position or all the way down?

thanks 

I would have assumed the front Bimini would have a similar trailering leg as the rear? But you know what happens when you assume! 

That's what I was thinking but figured I would throw it out on the forum for some hands on advice. I have seen pics of the front Bimini stored in the radar position except facing forward. I wonder if it Can be out towards the rear or lay flat towards the front for travel?

I have the double Bimini and it does have the short trailering arms, it lays forward, and has locking pins that keep the legs from coming out while traveling.

I have the double Bimini and it does have the short trailering arms, it lays forward, and has locking pins that keep the legs from coming out while traveling.

Dans57, do you have some pics you could share ?  Thanks 

20170521_155635.jpg
20170521_155609.jpg

Thanks Dans57

in the bottom close up picture is the frame bent? Not sure if that's a optical illusion or just part of the Bimini construction ? Thanks 

No problem. The upper arm is bent that's part of the construction, just how its made.

Looks like there are some pins as well so the trailering leg clips can't work out as well.

Looks like there are some pins as well so the trailering leg clips can't work out as well.

Andy,  I'm guessing you are one of those that start reading partway through the thread .....  :lol:

Just curious, does anyone have a 2017 with double Bimini that could share some pics?  I have seen pics online showing different style connectors(where it mounts to railing)  with various model years. 

Thanks 

Just beware, some of the double bimini have a ball socket mount and they do not have a trailering position so you'll need to check your build sheet to make sure which type you purchased. I was just doing some research on adding the front bimini to our boat and that's the first thing the dealer asked.

I will have to check with the dealer to see if the one we have on order has the trailering version since we will be trailering all the time 

I will have to check with the dealer to see if the one we have on order has the trailering version since we will be trailering all the time 

it may be here somewhere but what boat did you order??

You might want to use a bungee cord to wrap around the frame as a backup - especially if the forward bimini is facing the front into the wind.

On benningtons design center it does show the ball and socket under the double Bimini option for the 21SLXP.  I am going to contact my salesperson today and verify which one he put in for our boat. He knew we would be trailering so hopefully it will be the correct one. If we can't get the one that has the trailering bracket we will have that option removed from the build since we will always be trailering the boat. 

Just curious, does anyone have a 2017 with double Bimini that could share some pics?  I have seen pics online showing different style connectors(where it mounts to railing)  with various model years. 

Thanks 

My friend just took delivery of a 2017 24sxp with double Bimini.  The forward Bimini looks exactly like the picture above.  Short trailer leg with extra pin. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back