Double Bimini top in Black...hotter? Fade resistant? Show more dirt?

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a Bennington tri-toon 22 S series. I live in FL and want a double Bimini top due to sun exposure. I love the look of the black top. Do you know if it is hotter than other colors? Any problems with fading? Does it show more dirt? Thanks for your input!

I have a “single” black Bimini, and I notice no heat issues under it, even on 100 degree days.

Mine is a double black bimini and I don't notice any heat issues with it. And we're one of the hottest places in the nation during the summer. I really haven't noticed any difference vs. other boats I've been on with different colored biminis. It says up all the time and after 3 years of use it's holding up fine.

Agree with those above.

No problem on the black but our next bit will have a double Bimini for sure

I was concerned having a black bimini top for the same reasons after having a white one for 20 years on our deck boat. I have had no issues the last 2 summers with the black top regarding being too hot, fading or keeping it clean. Would not hesitate getting a black top again.

Where in FL?

My red ,faded to pink . It was replaced under warranty . It is now in my basement .

No heat problem, shade is shade!!!

We have 2 Bennington’s
1, black Bimini on a 2575 QCW
2, tan Bimini on a 2575 RLIO

We have been parked side by side on the water and I wondered the exact same thing. So I did my own little no sientific test and I couldn’t tell and difference. Now I’m sure if you took a thermostat and tested the Bimini you could tell a difference,

Attachments

• B4139578-2C69-4AC0-BEFD-798F37A92206.jpeg
    B4139578-2C69-4AC0-BEFD-798F37A92206.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 16
We’ve had a red Benny and now a black. I haven’t noticed any difference. When it’s hot out, and you aren’t moving or in the water, it’s hot.

Ours is black and we have not noticed any issues. But in all honesty it is stowed more than it is used.

I also kinda think black or other dark colors actually create better shade. The light colors dont seem to be as effective at blocking as much light. Mine is dark blue.

Back