Double Bimini

BeezyB

Reaction score
The boat i am looking to purchase has the cladded arch and small attached Bimini. While the arch looks great, This won't be enough shade for kids and parents, I am looking to add the biminin up font over the bow. 

My question is, for anyone that has this front bow Bimini, can it be taken on and off easily? Or once it's installed it stays on and am I only able to close it and not remove it? 

Thanks

Thanks though I'm confused. I don't believe the rear bimini on the arch would a change- it's already on the boat. I'm just looking to add the front now bimini. 

If you want the factory front Bimini you will have to change the rear top as it has the zipper to attach the front Bimini to the arch. The standard top doesn't go over the arch it attaches to the rear of the arch.The double bimini rear top goes over the arch and has a zipper at the front.

Very good info- thanks- do you have this setup? Any pictures? Curious to see the  difference in the rear bimini and how they both look when open together.

I hadn't thought about how they would connect. This is an in- stock boat- hopefully the dealer can swap the rear out for me at no extra cost- id hate to pay for both when one ready comes with it. The quote for just the front bimini was $1850!!

Not exactly the same set-up but it might sort of give you an idea of how it might look.

/gallery/album_871/gallery_6945_871_973915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that back Bimini is way bigger than the standard that comes with the cladded arch. Thank you. 

Gorgeous boat Havasu, the bimini adds to the look

Looks a lot like Havasu's boat when both tops are up. If you will pm me your cell number I will text you some pictures of my boat with the tops folded up. I don't think I have any with the tops opened up. I am not to good with computers or I would post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the warmer than normal temps I may be in the market for a double bimin myself

Not sure how anyone could sit on the boat with temps in the 90's 

I prefer going out 30 minutes before sunset and staying out into the night as we cool down

131373821.jpg

The boat i am looking to purchase has the cladded arch and small attached Bimini. While the arch looks great, This won't be enough shade for kids and parents, I am looking to add the biminin up font over the bow. 

My question is, for anyone that has this front bow Bimini, can it be taken on and off easily? Or once it's installed it stays on and am I only able to close it and not remove it? 

Thanks

Takes 2 to remove it but it' s pretty easy. I have a 2016 2572 w/ cladded arch. It's always down when cruising, up when anchored or under 15 knots.  When down wrap it tightly and secure w/ Velcro so wind doesn't damage zippers or fabric. Also I wrap a towel around the metal frame poles where they lay against the seat fabric as it causes friction marks and black stains. Again canvas with Velcro is ideal for this application as well. I'm surprised Bennington doesn't provide that with all new boats. 

Back