Double rear facing lounger

Princessdi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a double rear lounger? I like the idea but it seems it might be inconvienent to climb over the person on the outside. It is quite comfortable once you are in it but I would like some feedback if anyone has this feature.

Thanks so much.

Do you mean the oversized lounger on the port side of the boat or the dual loungers with a center aisle?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a double rear lounger? I like the idea but it seems it might be inconvienent to climb over the person on the outside. It is quite comfortable once you are in it but I would like some feedback if anyone has this feature.

Thanks so much.
gallery_82_73_111814.jpg

Is this what you mean by double rear loungers? If so, I love them. With the cooler next to me there is no reason to move other than to change the music.

Don't even have to get up to change the music if you have the remote changer at the starboard lounge. A bit overkill but I got that too.

I love the double loungers with the aisle between them but I was asking if anyone has the double lounger on the port side. The Harris Flotebote has it and I like everything else about the boat except that. I was wondering if anyone has used them and loved them.

We have the double-wide single rear lounger on the port side of our 24 SSL, and we love it. I would say it could be inconvenient for two adults, depending how mobile/nimble you are. The inside person can pull their legs back, and the other can slide across the foot section pretty easily. Know that two adult men probably aren't going to sit there together too often. But, we bought the boat because we have 12 and 8 year old kids, and it's called the "snuggle seat" in our family (not sure if Bennington meant this, but in our family, SSL stands for Snuggle Seat Lounger). Anyway, my wife really wanted it and when she saw it, she said "that's it, that's the boat" after 6 years of looking. One adult and two kids can fit there easily, and of course, kids don't need anyone to move for anything. We've only had the boat for a week or two before winter set in, but we envision other couples sitting there to watch their kids tube and stuff.

You really need to see one and try it for yourself though. For us, it was an obvious choice. If we didn't have young kids, we may have given the split loungers (center walk through) more consideration.

If I remember right, the seat is exactly 4 feet wide, measured inside the arm rests. Not 100%, but pretty sure. Go measure your love seat (or couch) and measure out the 4 feet to see how it might fit. That should give you an idea without going to a dealer.

Do go to a dealer to see it though before you buy something else.

I love the double loungers with the aisle between them but I was asking if anyone has the double lounger on the port side. The Harris Flotebote has it and I like everything else about the boat except that. I was wondering if anyone has used them and loved them.
Lady Di,

sorry to jump in late here. did you decide on Bennington already or are you still considering Harris? My husband and I also looked at Harris, but construction was what led us back to Bennington. He just whipped off a few things to consider: Harris: Screwed deck, no bow reinforcement, cast aluminum cleats, most wiring not in protective tubing, ski bar has weight restrictions.

Bennington: Bolted deck, heavy duty bow reinforcement, stainless cleats, protected wiring, no tow restrictions.

Our boat is super solid and quiet...love it. We have the split lounge so everybody has their own "space".

Good luck with your decision!

I am quite sure the retracting tow bar has a weight limit. I would assume the transom mounted one has a limit as well. You are not for example supposed to tow another boat from that point. Those tow points have to have a physical limit.

Lady Di,

sorry to jump in late here. did you decide on Bennington already or are you still considering Harris? My husband and I also looked at Harris, but construction was what led us back to Bennington. He just whipped off a few things to consider: Harris: Screwed deck, no bow reinforcement, cast aluminum cleats, most wiring not in protective tubing, ski bar has weight restrictions.

Bennington: Bolted deck, heavy duty bow reinforcement, stainless cleats, protected wiring, no tow restrictions.

Our boat is super solid and quiet...love it. We have the split lounge so everybody has their own "space".

Good luck with your decision!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite sure the retracting tow bar has a weight limit. I would assume the transom mounted one has a limit as well. You are not for example supposed to tow another boat from that point. Those tow points have to have a physical limit.
Sorry, you are right. I meant PEOPLE towing. We saw a weight-limit towing sticker on a few ski tow bars around the show, but not on the Benny. When we asked the Bennington rep about it, he said the Bennington pylons do not have a restriction with regard to number of people, type of ski, tube, or wakeboard. He said no parasailing, though! I also saw TB say no boat towing, either.

Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense. Perhaps the motor HP when towing people will limit out before the tow bar. On our 2250 we have one of the couch like sit up tubes that can seat 4 adults. The tow bar can handle it but my 115 merc 4 stroke can't, it puts way to much stress on the motor to tow that thing. We only use it when we put small kids on it and tow it at a very slow pace, would bore the tears out of teenage riders....but a grandparent and two small kids think its a cool ride.

Sorry, you are right. I meant PEOPLE towing. We saw a weight-limit towing sticker on a few ski tow bars around the show, but not on the Benny. When we asked the Bennington rep about it, he said the Bennington pylons do not have a restriction with regard to number of people, type of ski, tube, or wakeboard. He said no parasailing, though! I also saw TB say no boat towing, either.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much.
We took delivery of our 2574 G series. I have the 2 loungers and I ordered the cushin back so people can look forward if they want.

I know this is late replying . I hope you went with them.

We took delivery of our 2574 G series. I have the 2 loungers and I ordered the cushin back so people can look forward if they want.

I know this is late replying . I hope you went with them.
We love the upgraded loungers with the cushion all the way around. We can ride facing front, back or sideways.

Back