Draining Lake Norman

cwag911

Reaction score
Carl ,do you have a well or city water ?

Some municipalities chlorinate their water , not to the extent of a swimming pool .I don't know about the fish surviving in the bath tub 

We have a well and there will be a lot of water coming down the river from the mountains. I think that's why they picked this timeframe to do it.

You have to be kidding. Fish will die The smell will be over whelming. The muck on the bottom will secret such an order that ya'll will have to vacate. When Duke gets to the bottom they'll find PCB"S that can't be removed. The only thing that can be done is let the lake fill back in. They let some water out of lake Hartwell last year. The flow came from the bottom of the dam. Sucked out cold water and Hundreds of fish died that live on the bottom. A real tragedy. Don't you think that a higher flow of water is now rather than May to fill back quicker?  Through the normal flow of water The broad River should let the lake flush The sediment at the bottom will still remain. If it's disturbed no telling what the brains at Duke will do.                      Just had to vent>

Refill with a garden hose? Seriously?

I think the garden hoses stop working April 2nd  :ph34r:

My bad, it was an April fools joke. I clicked the link for Duke Nature and it comes up "April Fools".

:blink:   :eek:   :)

It was pretty good, it got me too. I thought is was ridiculous but I still believed it, because these days you just never know.. ;)   

My thought was ,what were they going to do with the contaminated  water ?

Ok I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that, then clicked the link ....... :)

Ok I have mud on my face. Read the article. Seemed authentic but garden hose. That should have said April Fools. Guess we can all fall into a trap. BUT sometime when big brother is lurking  you can't be sure.

Back