Dressing room necessary?

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a 22 tri-toon S series. The only thing I know for sure I want is the double Bimini at this point. Do people use the dressing room? I know it is also used for portable potty privacy. Is it worth it?

On my boat YES. Wife said it was mandatory. Better to have it and not need yet, then need it and not have it ......
We use it almost EVERY trip out, vs. our Bimini which we used maybe 5 times.

Last edited:
Ours has been open a few times ,but that was only to check it.It has never been used for its intended purpose .That being said ,if/when I order again it will be included

Last edited:
Our boat is five years old and we have never used ours. We eliminated it from our new boat on order.

Not used that often but when needed glad to have a port a potty

We didn’t add it to our build because we are lakeside. We were certain we would simply use our cottage bathroom for changing, toilet access, etc... However, by the end of the first year, we wish we would have added it. Being on a big lake, getting back isn’t always quick, AND heading in also interrupts everyone else’s fun so one person can go to the bathroom.

If we had it to do over, I think we would add the changing room and toilet to ours. I think we would also add the spray down hose as well for simple clean up.

Wasn’t allowed the new boat without it!! Mostly used for changing but we have the portapott set up for our 3yo daughter

Changing room came with our boat. My wife used it every time we went out. She would change into a dry bathing suit for the ride home. Now that we have the boat slipped across from our house........she still uses it!!! Must have for us.

Never used it and did not order one for new boat.

Last edited:
View attachment 23679
Here is our changing room.
Poor kid can’t even get any privacy!! ;) My boy (6) just hangs it off the back like it’s no big deal and waves as another boat passes. My wife is hiding under a towel and I’m trying not to pee myself laughing!! We live in the woods so it’s his norm to drop trowel and pee!

We don’t have one nor do we miss it. But we live 50’ from our lift.

Had it on my last Benny, but not on the two I have now. No one used it then and now there is not a choice. I think part of that is due to proximity to restrooms and sand bars..

We have one, never used it.

Back