Dressing room necessary?

We have one and I pulled it out because I needed the storage

Being on a big lake, getting back isn’t always quick, AND heading in also interrupts everyone else’s fun so one person can go to the bathroom.
Jeff, actually there are public restrooms on all sides of HL so you should never be more than ten to 15 minutes from relief. And with your ride, probably less!

Jeff, actually there are public restrooms on all sides of HL so you should never be more than ten to 15 minutes from relief. And with your ride, probably less!

D’oh! I had no idea. I guess I need to check out the locations of them, and mark them on my Simrad. Boy do I feel silly.

At one of the lakes I boat at in California, They have floating restrooms all around the lake. You just pull up and tie the boat off just like docking. They are called "SS Relief"

Hopefully they are stable as I'm sure some A-hole would come by close in a wakeboat

D’oh! I had no idea. I guess I need to check out the locations of them, and mark them on my Simrad. Boy do I feel silly.
Don't feel silly! It's not like they have billboards announcing them, that's for sure. However, each of the DNR launches have pit toilets as does the public parks in both the Heights and at the end of Tower Hill road. Prundenville has flush toilets and is right across the street from the Dairy Queen. PM me if you want further details on locations! I've been around HL longer than you've been alive so with that comes some knowledge of the amenities. Also a lot of stuff that no longer exists! :)

Don't feel silly! It's not like they have billboards announcing them, that's for sure. However, each of the DNR launches have pit toilets as does the public parks in both the Heights and at the end of Tower Hill road. Prundenville has flush toilets and is right across the street from the Dairy Queen. PM me if you want further details on locations! I've been around HL longer than you've been alive so with that comes some knowledge of the amenities. Also a lot of stuff that no longer exists! :)

You Rock! As always, your insights, advice, and help (particularly about HL) is very much appreciated.

We have one on our 2007 2575RL that we bought from my brother last year. He lived on a lake and had a boat dock/lift so I doubt he ever used it.

We trailer everywhere, so we have to be a little more self-sufficient.

I bought a portable toilet to go in the changing room before we ever took it out the first time.
  1. The primary reason for the toilet was that grandchild #6 (of 8) has some plumbing issues they can't fix by surgery - so when he has to go, HE HAS TO GO!!!! He's 5 years old.
  2. Its also likely that the older grandkids will want a place to change if we're going to pull into a lake-side restaurant and/or to use the bathroom when we're out all day.
  3. The ladies need a place to use a bathroom on long outings.
We haven't used the room or the toilet for the first two reasons yet, but certainly will - just a matter of time. Definitely have used the room for the third reason (up on Lake Ouachita AR where beaching opportunities are few and we were out all day).

The only downside of the toilet is that you-know-who gets to empty it!

I'm glad we have it. We have plenty of other storage on the boat.

Last edited:
We have one on our 2007 2575RL that we bought from my brother last year. He lived on a lake and had a boat dock/lift so I doubt he ever used it.

We trailer everywhere, so we have to be a little more self-sufficient.

I bought a portable toilet to go in the changing room before we ever took it out the first time.
  1. The primary reason for the toilet was that grandchild #6 (of 8) has some plumbing issues they can't fix by surgery - so when he has to go, HE HAS TO GO!!!! He's 5 years old.
  2. Its also likely that the older grandkids will want a place to change if we're going to pull into a lake-side restaurant and/or to use the bathroom when we're out all day.
  3. The ladies need a place to use a bathroom on long outings.
We haven't used the room or the toilet for the first two reason yet, but certainly will - just a matter of time. Definitely have used the room for the third reason (up on Lake Ouachita AR where beaching opportunities are few and we were out all day).

The only downside of the toilet is that you-know-who gets to empty it!

I'm glad we have it. We have plenty of other storage on the boat.

Tin Diesel, although we have a house right on the lake we have a full commode in our privy, not used often but when it is glad we have it. I also dreaded the act of hauling and cleaning but found these as a great solution. Turns everyrhing to gel in seconds, work great and are considered green waste so right into the garbage.

https://www.amazon.com/Sani-Bag-Com...=UTF8&qid=1542196546&sr=8-1&keywords=sanibags

Thanks! I'll look into that. Right now I just use a little bit of the toilet chemicals from our RV and dump it in the toilet hen get home.

Back