dry docked because of BIRDS

nukeantz

Reaction score
Uncovered the boat and started to lower it into the water and my wife noticed 2 birds swarming around the front of the boat.  After looking there was a nest with baby birds holding their mouths open on top of the center toon, waiting for mommy to feed them.  My wife said we can not use the boat until they are able to fly away!?!  So I covered the boat back up and raised it up as high as I could so when they jump out they have a few extra feet to take flight before hitting the water!  It turned out to be more of a drinking weekend instead of a boating one.

I believe that's the honorable thing to do.........but what if they don't fly away for  a few weeks or so?!? Hmmmmmmm........

Natural selection. That's why god made trees. 

I believe that's the honorable thing to do.........but what if they don't fly away for  a few weeks or so?!? Hmmmmmmm........

I was being semi sarcastic! But seriously what if those birds don't fly away for weeks?!? I could see if they were an endangered species or something but..........

Honorable yes, but I think a swimming lesson was in order! I know that's terrible to say,but so is bird $hit all over the boat. So I guess that I'm not moving to Holland!

Like I said in another post, the bird police will get you in Holland if you move a nest on the boat.....

I have a nest on the framing of the lift canopy. Eggs haven't hatched yet. So far it hasn't affected my boating...

I would not have really tried my hardest to move that nest to another place, I would not let something like that stop my boating.  I do understand other people have different feelings about it and that is fine also, because what they do does not affect my boating :)

I had the same thing in the gooseneck of my 5th wheel. My wife said Oh so cute and wouldn't let me remove them.  She thought it was great till we returned the next week and they crapped on everything making an unbelievable mess. When I say unbelievable amount of bird crap that burned into the clear coat and was everywhere.  

the anger on my face must have sent a clear message as she spent the next day power washing everything.

remove them now

Back