Dual bimini zipper done incorrectly?

Norm riess

Reaction score
I just purchased a SX 25 Bennington with dual Biminis. First time I put up the Biminis I realized the extra flap of material was on the back Bimini ...there by exposing the zipper every time I drove the boat forward or any wind would automatically push it back. I questioned my dealer about this and they said it was normal and they do it to cover the part of the zipper when you put the front Bimini down. I think it's ridiculous that that flap catches all the rain and debris as you're driving around and I just want to know is this normal? Personally I would think that whoever manufactured the Bimini's screwed up because it looks terrible....the flap is always sticking straight up and channels water into the boat whenever it rains . I have owned boats for 40 years never seen this before...and this is my second Bennington but I've never had dual biminis

I leave it to the dual bimini people to reply, as I don’t know. Just wanted to say Congratulations on the new boat. I’d love to see pictures or hear of your specs whenever you get a chance. I love ogling everyone’s new boats. :D

Dual Bimini owner here. My Bimini is the same way and it has driven me crazy since the first day I put it up. This engineering makes absolutely no sense not to mention it looks terrible. It would be just as easy to put the cover flap on the front Bimini thus making the rear look better when not using the front.

Back