Dual Bimini

Spooln3000

Reaction score
Can I add to rear OEM Bimini so I can have dual bimini tops or do I have to get the whole kit for dual tops? Its on a 24SLX 2013

The standard Bimini would be the rear, adding the front would be the option, if you see spoiled rottens pics he has a custom one made for the swing back rear, actually really nice!

Might consider adding electric Bimini, my guess is not a big cost difference from factory top.

I have dual and love them!

I believe spooln3000 is wondering about the zipper. The factory top does not have the zipper across the front edge needed to attach the front top to. When I bought my boat they removed the rear top and installed tops both as a set. They zip together when both are up for shade.

I guess you could try to find an upholstery shop who could match the front zipper and sew it to your factory rear top. Prooly a huge PITA though so I say order the tops as a set.

The frame for rear top is same and could be used if you get the material to put on it.

Any competent upholstery/bimini place should be able to make you whatever you want. I had a local place here in Lake Havasu City make my front one.

Here is my added new front OEM bimini frame and all tops replaced with Sunbrella. I mounted front frame as far forward as possible before playpen rail curves. I had upholstery shop add 2-3" to both sides for more shade and to add zippers around entire double top for future shade cloth side curtains. We love to stay cool on sunny day! (new grand babies also need shade!)IMG_3409.jpgIMG_3410.jpgIMG_3411.jpgIMG_3412.jpgIMG_3414.jpgIMG_3416.jpgIMG_3417.jpg

Got boat on river yesterday for trial run with new double bimini tops. Windy hot day with rough water from lots of boats. The tops didn't show any sign of issues and no flapping of fabric at all in wind, just a random ripple. Drove it up to 25 mph and everything rock solid. Glad I "paid the piper" and bought the $600 OEM one piece thick wall Bennington front frame instead of a multi piece aftermarket setup to save a few bucks. Didn't even have canvas super tight and it was fine. Very happy and cool on river in lots of shade!!!

Back