Early Birthday present/ order cancelled/update

Well after waiting over a month and still not receiving any confirmation from the dealer that Bennington had confirmed the order. I made the decision to cancel the order with my local dealer,

it was a difficult decision .

However in the end this has worked out for the better .

I eventually started some talks with another dealer and had them price out the build, I literally feel out of the chair when they came back with the price, beating my local dealer by huge amount after expenses traveling and all the misc. by well over 15K . and almost 28% off of MSRP.  I reexamined the build and added the Heavy top stitch and the VesselView 702 .

I gave the go ahead and received a confirmation within 72 hours . its been two weeks and the dealer has kept me very well informed. I'm hoping to take possession around the beginning of August with fingers crossed.

The Best part is it will be built as a 2018!!!

Now the suspenseful wait!! :D

That's fantastic that you were able to make it all work and save a ton in the process!! Sounds like you might have your boat now before the first dealer would have!! Happy Boating!!

Wow, that's great.  To bad the first dealor was not more forthright.

PB.... "Stuff" happens for a reason.  Glad to hear it worked out for you.  You'll have many years of boating ahead of you with this new one.  That old dealer is now simply a punch line in your story.

Congrats!

Hope your delivery date works out better than mine.  We were supposed to get ours in mid-May.  I actually shook hands with the Bennington rep that if I committed that day I would have our boat before Memorial Day, "no problem".  Well, here we are on June 19th and can't even get an estimate of the delivery date.  I'm thinking seriously of just cancelling.  The 2018 models are starting to come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
We  placed this order on May 29th after cancelling our local dealers order.  I received  a update from the dealer  Bennington has set a build date of August 1st and if all goes well the dealer expects it to be on their lot the following week I'm keeping my fingers crossed , just hoping there isn't any delays. seeing as we will be traveling from Southern California to Minnesota to pick it up and are tentatively looking to get a house on a lake near the dealer thru VRBO or AIRBNB to stay in for a few days ,to run it and make sure there aren't any issues . if anyone has a suggestion for what lake to stay on,it would be greatly appreciated the dealership is in St. Cloud and would like to stay with in a hours drive .

Minnesota is known as the land of 10000 lakes.  I lived in St. Cloud in the late 70's, it was a very pretty area.  Been to long to make any specific Lake recommendations.  I seem to remember that the closer ones were small.  We used to go north to "Leech Lake."  Big lake, beautiful tourist type area, no leechs that I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minnesota is known as the land of 10000 lakes.  I lived in St. Cloud in the late 70's, it was a very pretty area.  Been to long to make any specific Lake recommendations.  I seem to remember that the closer ones were small.  We used to go north to "Leech Lake."  Big lake, beautiful tourist type area, no leechs that I remember.

Mike , I was looking at Lake Greenwood to retire on, Ive actually on a mailing list with Emerald real estate for waterfront property would you mind expressing your thoughts on area . I was originally looking at Lake Wylie near Charlotte but property has become very pricey in the last few years 

I was born and raised in San Jose, leaving there in 1969 for a career in the US Army then the Post Office.  We retired here around 5 years ago and love it.  Depending on where you live on the lake you will have deep water and can boat year round if that is your desire.  Check out connectLakeGreenwood.org.  If you send me an email I can try and email some other info about Lake.

Lake Norman is much better than Wylie, and much larger. If you need a realtor let me know. She can set you up to view what's available in your parameters.

Great news , I spoke with Bennington today and they are still on schedule to start the build tomorrow ( August 1st ) it will be one of the first 2018's Built . They said everything is there and shouldn't be any delays ,fingers crossed. I have requested pictures during the build and if I do receive them I will post as it goes . and Yes I'm very excited can't wait to get back on the water its been a very long summer 

The saga continues!! Here's to a trouble free build and quick delivery!!

Yes I'm very excited can't wait to get back on the water its been a very long summer 

Obviously you're not from Michigan, where if you blink you could entirely miss summer! :(

Back