Echo Upgrade

RCHIII

Reaction score
I want to upgrade my flush mount Echo 100 to a system that has fish finder and GPS features. Any suggestions that would require very little wiring changes and can be flush mounted? I currently have a transom mount on a 20 SLX.

You have to figure out what will fit in the space you have. I installed a Garmin 431s (4" screen) in our boat and some have gone with a 5" screen size. It depends on your helm. Pics of the install are in my gallery.

I just bought the Garmin Echo Map 44 DV have yet to install it, but I hope it fits in the same opening....

cf-lg.jpg

Some of the units will work with the old transducer but you don't get all the features of the new unit. I got a dragonfly 4 in addition to the Echo and running the new transducer was not that bad.  I have the electrical fishing sticks and was able to pull the wiring above the pontoon and wave shield easily.  

The down-vu is amazing.  Somebody while fishing found a car on his fish finder at the bottom of a lake that had a missing person from 20 years ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Any link to the story?

I googled it and found the story. Was in Miami, Kansas. Sorry didn't copy the link. Pretty amazing image of car.e

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the recommendations and the pics.

I spoke with Garmin directly as well, their recommendation was the Echomaps 43vd. I will let you know if I decide to go that

route and also how it turns out.

Thank you again.

Back