Electric Bimini reinforcement. C

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if anyone has reinforced there electric Bimini.?  Seems it'd be easy enough.  I haven't received my new boat yet however I ordered the electric Bimini as I have to cross under a low bridge regularly and it was a bit of a pain with my old Bennington's Bimini. I was on the fence about the electric Bimini but figured worse case, if it's unstable at higher speeds, how hard could it be to add the little support arms in the front.  Anyone know where to get all of the OEM Bennington materials?  The tubing, clips etc?  Anyone on here comment on there experience with the electric Bimini?  Thx folks. 

So psyched to get my RSB 23 with Yamaha 200 SPS tri with all the fixins  

Last edited by a moderator:
You would have to go through the dealer for OEM parts. 

You have to remember that the electric bimini isn't made by Bennington and I don't know if the frame is the same size as the railing.

I'd assume your correct however there are no OEM parts to reinforce the electric Bimini because it's not reinforced nor is there any option that I've seen to add reinforcements.  Therefore the better question would've been simply, has anyone on here reinforced there electric bimini and if so, how'd you do it?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your dealer to order a set of stern Bimini brackets that he can install for you to reinforce the electric top if you feel you need it.  Several dealers add this to electric biminis for rough bodies of water.  TB

Last edited:
I use a braided rope attached at each front corner and hook the other end of the rope to the rail in front of the driver and the port side in front of the gate. Gives stability to the top. I use spring hooks to attach to the railing.

Nice looking setup kt700, like how the Evinrude matches the boat

KT700...... that’s one sweet boat!

Nice looking setup kt700, like how the Evinrude matches the boat
Thank you, our first pontoon and we love it!! Evinrude and Bennington have the matching colors all setup, between them. This is our first experience with an outboard as well, very quiet, fuel efficient and pushes that 25'er to just under 45mph, who needs to go faster than that.

I have dual PWR Arms and don’t see the need for support.
On Texoma and gets pretty choppy...

Originallly thought about using parts from my factory top to make support arms but so far it’s fine.

I was thinking of dual PWR Arms as well. I spoke with the factory about which way to orient the front Bimini, either folding towards the bow or the stern. Which one did you go with?

I was thinking of dual PWR Arms as well. I spoke with the factory about which way to orient the front Bimini, either folding towards the bow or the stern. Which one did you go with?

I mounted it folding to stern. In Radar up position it seems to look better and out of the way.

Would like to see The Bennington Name more Pronounced on The Boat
Surprised it doesn't stand out more

chrome_benn_logo.jpg

On that Boat Gold Logo would be AMAZING :)

If you add the dimensional chrome logos it stands out. boat B&W.JPG

Back