Electric Boat Cover - any feedback?

Rick S

Reaction score
We are looking to add an electric 'touchless' boat cover for our Bennington 2554. We keep the boat in an electric lift in a covered dock (open sides) but I'm looking to accomplish a couple things:
1. Easier on/off - the 25' cover is very big and cumbersome to put on, take off and store when using the boat.
2. Would like to protect more of the sides and the engine area of the boat from sun.

Is anyone using an electric cover and would you recommend or not recommend the brand you're using? I am setting an appointment with the dealer for the touchless brand but would appreciate comments on any brand you have owned or know about. Thanks.

IMG_2556(1).jpg IMG_2596(1).jpg

Last edited:
Very nice dock and Benny! Sorry, cannot help you with cover.

I have the Touchless brand cover and find it to be of good quality. Couple of tips when ordering and installing.
You may want to shorten the length of side skirts to save some $$. The cost is based on sq footage of material. I made sure with bimini down the skirt covered about 6-8” below deck bumpers. On installation depending on dock ceiling height make sure it is mounted high enough so when up you can pull in with bimini in radar postion, otherwise you will need to lower before entering. I ended up adding electric bimini so I could lower before entering :) I love my cover!

I don’t know anything about the electric/touchless covers, but I am in love with your boat house. I told my wife, I’d probably want to set up a bed down there and call it good in nice weather. My cottage in front of the cottage if you will. ;)

I see the Touchless boat covers on LOTO all the time. I always wonderd how they work/hold up in a strong wind, they look like they would blow around.

7E5DB2D1-3A16-4ED8-8107-53445A0EBD99.jpeg
I don’t know anything about the electric/touchless covers, but I am in love with your boat house. I told my wife, I’d probably want to set up a bed down there and call it good in nice weather. My cottage in front of the cottage if you will. ;)

Hey Viking - we just had the dock built about a month ago or so. Plan to finish the bar with a granite bar top, some cabinets and a fridge in the spring ..... it will be a great outdoor man cave.

Last edited:
I received a general rough quote yesterday (prior to actual visit to get precise measurements) from Touchless. Pretty steep - ~$7,000 with sides at 60” and then about ~$9,000 if we go to sides 61-84”.

I guess that is about double what I was expecting.......

I would think that if you raised your boat on the lift a little higher it would be protected just fine with the cover you have on it. You have way more protection with that boat house than probably 90% of the the other Benni owners...very nice!

Back