Electric power assist trouble shooting

Jb75

Reaction score
Unfortunately lost my power assist today.   There one moment, gone the next.   Anyone have any experience with this.  Didn't see anything leaking or hear any noises.  Maybe a fuse?

If it suddenly went away and no leaks, it's probably a breaker or fuse. PS draws considerable current at the limits of travel so if you lock the steering wheel one direction or the other too long I suppose it could pop. 

Thanks for the reply.  Here's hoping that is it.  Had four kids on board who had reached there limit so I just docked and cleaned her up.  Be back tomorrow to investigate.  

There should be a 40 amp inline fuse by the battery. You might also check the small purple wire (trigger) for 12 volts when the ignition is on.

Last edited by a moderator:
 How old is the boat? Because it may be the pump. I just had the issue at the end of last season. Seastar had the pump sent back to them and sent a new pump to the dealer. They found that there must have been some moisture in the lines that effected the pumps operation. Good luck. Hopefully it's  just a wire connection.

Thanks for the info cwag.  bob hoping to get back to the dock today and I'll update what i find.  The boat only has 25 hrs on it so here's hoping it's a fuse 

Blderbob with the win.  Loose connection at the distribution panel.  Easy fix without four tired/hot kids on board 

Back