Electric water hose

Keith, 

I may have to grab one of those. Looks much nicer than the one I got. I like the style better. Not a container with a lid.

Keith, 

I may have to grab one of those. Looks much nicer than the one I got. I like the style better. Not a container with a lid.

I'm telling ya, it's sweet.  I enjoy cleaning my boat.  I hated scooping up water with a bucket (I have a bad back) and throwing it at the side panels to rinse/wash.  I can just stand on the dock and use this to rinse everything down.  What's nice is that the pump only comes on when you squeeze the nozzle.  when you release it, the pump shuts off immediately.  I would highly recommend it.  Again, make sure you get the 4 gallon per minute one...not the 2 which I see advertised a lot.  Mine is also 100 psi.  This appears to be high quality as well...it's not some cheap junk thing that I expect to only last a couple of seasons.  I keep the whole thing under my helm.

Keith, what is the part number of the one you got?

There is only one model of portable outdoor washdown pumps offered by TRAC, Wholesale Marine just got a little creative with their specs.  See TRAC's website - http://tracoutdoor.com/shop/pumps/

It may have a max 4G/min capacity pump, but the output flow rate is only 2G/min - all models are max 100 psi.

*edit - just ordered from Wholesale Marine, was able to use coupon code WSM for a free first aid kit.  Very basic kit, but the price is right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is an old topic, and I remember many times members have talked about cleaning their toons at a sandbar and using this portable washdown. I saw this in my local flyer and thought some of you may find it useful! 

https://garagespot.com/worx-hydroshot-wg629-cordless-pressure-cleaner/worx-hydroshot-wg629-pressure-washer/

71Ri7veK31L._SX355_.jpg

Older thread, but I am going to give that TRAC portable washer a try with our new boat.  Looks very portable, durable, and flexible.  

Has it worked well over time for those of you above that have it?

Older thread, but I am going to give that TRAC portable washer a try with our new boat.  Looks very portable, durable, and flexible.  

Yes, just don't forget TO REMOVE OVER WINTER! It tends to be useless come spring ....  :blink: Time to buy another. (Unless I decide to go ahead and install a full blown washdown)

Mine has worked out just fine, though I don't really use it all that much. And, yes, up North it needs to be drained and stored in the winter ;-)

It's a good thing you guys warned me about winter draining and storage.  I KNOW I would have not given it a second thought, and probably left it in the boat come next winter.

Of course, here's the thing...will I remember to do this in another 8-9 months when the end of fall rolls around?  That's the challenge for me!   :wacko:

I sure do still love mine.  I keep mine in the boat during the winter but I drain it first and my boat is kept in inside heated storage. 

We have the wash down option on our boat. All I do is drain out the water and throw some RV waterline antifreeze in for the winter. You should be able to do the same to the portable unit for the winter months.

It's portable. Cheaper to throw it in the basement .....  :D

I'll keep my hoses and power cord from the old one. Oh yeah, if you drop the intake hose off the stern, make sure to retrieve it before firing up motor and putting in gear.   :blink:  

Prop=1  Hose Filter=0      :lol:

Ok I KNOW this has to be on this site somewhere because I remember reading about it but I can't find it......can someone either paste the link from here or tell me a good, portable electric water hose that they are using on their Bennington for hosing things down?  Thanks in advance.

My yet-to-be-delivered 21SFX comes with 2 live wells, and here in Maine it is illegal to keep a live fish. You have to either release it or kill it.

I was planning on converting the live well on my aft fishing station into a sink, and the bow live well into a washdown hose station. Does this sound practical to those of you who are familiar with Bennington's live well setups? I think that both live wells are supplied by the same pump, so it should be a fairly easy conversion to do what I want. One thing I don't know yet is the capacity of the pump, if too low I might have to do something different for the washdown.

I figured I'd get one of those "miracle" hoses as seen on TV that shrink into practically nothing when not charged with water so as to save space.

Back