Electrical Issue - 2017 Bennington Pontoon

alfsusag

Reaction score
The battery in the pontoon went dead over the winter. We charged it up and the boat starts and drives perfectly fine.

What we don't have, is any power to the stereo, horn, depth finder, etc. I'm not sure if there is some type of reset that may get these things working or if it may be a fuse issue affecting all these items? I'm also not sure how to identify the fuse panel.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you have the battery out of the boat? Make sure you have ALL the leads hooked back up to the battery. The obvious would be the battery switch if you have one. Each switch should have a circuit breaker below it, very easy to verify. There may be a fuse at that battery, would be covered in a black rubber enclosure. Best of luck! I’m sure more on here will chime in with their thoughts!!

8AAD5445-E819-4CE5-AC97-F95E237E6CD8.jpeg Do you have dual batteries? I had this issue and it was a fuse at the battery for the harness under the helm. Here is a pic.

I had the same issue, it wound up being the power line that loops to all fuses that supplies voltage. The incoming connector on the first fuse before the loop started had broke. It was hard to see at first because on my 2016, but finally found the problem. I notice that the factory had tied wrapped these two wires together to reduce stress on the connector. Good idea but the overall weight of the wiring harness as a whole, bouncing up and down due to wave action over two years caused the flat metal that connected the two to break.

Back