End of Season

Link

Reaction score
Well, we decided to pull the boat and seadoos this past weekend.  KP is having a torn meniscus repaired on Wednesday so with cooler weather forecasted we sadly did the dirty deed/monthly_2016_09/large.IMG_5443.JPG.d12daed73cb4f5143d9172ac4890291a.JPG/monthly_2016_09/large.IMG_5433.JPG.ccc80968177689ea9efaebb21c66d612.JPG/monthly_2016_09/large.IMG_5404.JPG.86f0cb708fa06e468fb8c7fdce41e47c.JPG/monthly_2016_09/large.IMG_5438.JPG.39a494de04862a4ae4044abb0bc2283d.JPG

I pulled our ski Saturday and the boat yesterday.... Weather has definitely changed to a Fall pattern. I guess it's time to hit the woods for some deer and turkey action. Boat looks sharp Link btw.

I refuse to accept fall. I still got sunburned yesterday ....  ;)

We had two of my daughters friends and a mother out on Saturday, partly sunny, mid 80's, water temp still 78.  Had the trio of girls tubing, I did some tubing, lunch and relaxing.  Sunday we did not go out but it was pure blue sky and sunshine.  Still waiting to do a leaf color trip.

I have decided to keep the boat in till mid October 

Weather here though Fall like is still unseasonally mild overall

With the Lake at Full Pool no need to rush to get it out 

The season has gone by faster than usual lets hope for an early spring (lol)

131687700.jpg

131614680.jpg

The reason behind pulling mine so early is our lake level is drawn down 3' every other fall to allow for repairs to be made to sea walls etc. This year they had to do it a little early to repair something on the dam. Damn!

They started the drop on the 21st and with the cold temps and rain in the forecast I figured it was best to pull it on a dry sunny day. Last year it came out the middle of October.

We're having cooler weather this week, but it's been 90 or so every day for the past week or two.  The surface water temp is still in the upper 70's, plenty warm to swim.  But the days are getting shorter, and unless we take the Benny out to fish a little, our trips on the lake will be shorter and further between.  Time to get the Harley going again!

We haven't been out since a beautiful Labor day weekend due to a busy fall schedule. Although temps remain in the high 60s to low 70's through the middle of next week for northern Michigan, after that the long range forecast is 50s. As such, I'll be taking her out this coming weekend. Overall, it's been a fun first summer with our Benny!

Depending on weather, this weekend or next may be our last one. Getting cooler and working every other Saturday doesn't help. We really hope to get another weekend or two, but Annapolis Power Boat show is 13th-16th, so one of those days is out. Gotta clean it out too, to get it ready to trade (if we can decide on what to order). It may be a bittersweet end to our 4th season on Looney Toonz II. 

After two beautiful weekends and a final cruise Sunday ours is coming out Tuesday. It always makes me sad but fall has its own many charms around here. 

Boat looks great Mark! Sharp!

We were out all day Sunday! Beautiful warm day and we floated for a while. Cruised all over! Probably going to pull the boat before a cruise in October so we still have a few weeks......

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning on taking it out to winterize this weekend but rain predicted to continue. Not a good sign. Hate to take it out in the rain. Only two trips out since Labor Day. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We pulled ours a few weeks ago since they are drawing down the lake pretty low to do repairs on the dam and marina pulled the docks earlier this year... Hasn't stopped us from hauling to the lake though.  I will get a few more fishing trips in and some fall foliage cruises before we winterize.

Not to rub it in, but Florida is a great place to own a Benni!

I lucked out - rain quit and I was able to get out late Saturday without me or it getting all wet. Can be shrink wrapped in its dry condition. 

Tell my wife. She says that it has BIG A$$ bugs,alligators and snakes. I"d love a place in the Keys some where. Told her the kids and grand children, if we get any,would find us! I'm easy, just want my boats hanging in the back yard.

We were down in the keys a few years ago to check out the sights. And did we ever!!! Stumbled upon a little thing called Fantasy Fest in Key West.....look it up. Can't post photos here. :eek:

Took ours out for the season on Sunday to have warranty work completed and the engine winterized (oil, fogged, etc.). The lake was like glass so I had a nice half hour cruise to the dealer. Hadn't been out since Labor Day so it was much too short a ride. 

Is it May yet??

We were down in the keys a few years ago to check out the sights. And did we ever!!! Stumbled upon a little thing called Fantasy Fest in Key West.....look it up. Can't post photos here. :eek:

Great festival ! For the under 40 crowd. Anything over that ,just doesn't look good with all the wrinkles and sags on the bodies. :rolleyes: :p   But it is sure fun to watch !

Back