Engine cover?

Hatya

Reaction score
I searched and couldn’t find any info on this

Has anyone used an engine cover like this. My bass boat is 13 years old and sits on my shore station so the sun has beat the heck out of the stickers on my engine. I would like to protect my pretty new verado since it will sit on the dock all year also. I just wonder if the cover would retain to much heat and cause problems also.

Thanks

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/merc...MfQmRu0M7RMduuxDfbxoDKiIi4N7GjjBoCzq8QAvD_BwE

F0BFDFA7-D36A-4BF1-BD89-C980CBFB1C90.jpeg I have the Yamaha one on my 200 to protect against the Fl sun. Snug fit and quality material. I would assume the merc is similar

I researched engine covers for my Verado and found many people saying that the "official" cover was quite snug. I ended up going with one made by GDS Marine Canvas down in Florida. Rocco took great care of me and I'm very happy with the product. No, it doesn't say "Verado" on the side but I'm okay with that. Unfortunately, I've never taken a picture of it but if I get up to the lake this weekend I'll remedy that. He can be reached at:

Rocco ILaria
gdscanvas@yahoo.com
(954) 410-6575

Just an FYI, I came across a recommendation for GDS Canvas on the Verado owners website. It looks like it cost me $190 but I think I went with an upgraded material. They are custom-made upon your order.

I bet 303 would protect the stickers. That stuff is amazing at stopping UV rays.

About every fourth trip out on the boat, I put 303 on my seats, helm, and engine cover. The engine cover and stickers, as well as my seats look brand new.

I ended up springing for the actual Mercury Verado cover for ours. It’s a very nice cover, but it is ridiculously tight. It’s a bit of a bear to put on, but looks very nice when on. I don’t have any pictures of it, but could post in 3 weeks if you want.

About every fourth trip out on the boat, I put 303 on my seats, helm, and engine cover. The engine cover and stickers, as well as my seats look brand new.
Hmm, never thought of putting that on my engine. I do wax it though...

Hmm, never thought of putting that on my engine. I do wax it though...

Wax is good but it is unlikely the wax has UV protectant in it.

Wax is good but it is unlikely the wax has UV protectant in it.
Good point! Fortunately, Nu Finish does have UV protection but I think I'll give it a good coat of 303 as well.

I have a 3/4 Oceansouth cover for my G2 and it is great quality and good fit. I paid $63 for it.

Back